Wolford College October 2013 class anyone?? - page 2
by denver nurse 42,898 Views | 260 Comments
Hi there, just wondering if any of you peeps are going to Naples in Oct. of 2013? I am all signed up and wanted to see if anyone else has been excepted/going? I know all the negative reviews about the place so no worries... Read More
- 0Feb 10, '13 by OscarRNQuote from denver nurseDenver: it sounds like you're coming from my neck of the woods. We're moving from Utah. Congrats on you're newest little bundle of joy. Luckily for him he won't remember much of your time in school. You'll be done long before he's even in kindergarten! Yes, that is my family photo. I have two boys and one on the way in August. We'll be taking off in September. When are you planning to do the big move?Oscar:
I am moving from Denver and have been pretty Nervous too...mainly about leaving my relatives and tight little circle of family here in Colorado. It is a tough decision that the wife and I struggled with for a bit but decided it would be best for us and our family. We just had a little boy last week (our first kiddo) and were nervous about sending him across the country but screw it! have talked to a lot of crnas and they all love their profession and the job outlook is great...plus the money doesn't hurt anything!
Is that your fam in the pic?
- 0Feb 11, '13 by OscarRNQuote from BOOSTISADRUGAll the friends I have in the program currently live at Milano, Stratford, or Mariposa. I stayed with a with a buddy of mine @ Milano when I went to interview. They were really nice and range in price from $1100-$1400/mo. Craigslist seems to be the place to search. All three of those complexes I mentioned are either town homes or coach homes.Which apartment complex or rental area are you all looking at or moving into? Trying to get some info on which ones are worth checking out.
- 0Quote from Tre'RNTre'RN: my suggestion is to make sure to submit your GRE score to Wolford, and any other school you may be even vaguely interested in, at the testing center right after your test. This will save you some money, as opposed to submitting later and having to pay. As far as the interview is concerned, be prepared to answer questions about yourself, your experience, and how you have prepared to start a graduate program in anesthesia. Good luck!I submitted everything in the packet at the top of January except the GRE which I take this Friday. Anyone have any pointers? Also, how were you guy's interviews. I'm trying to get in for October 2013 or Feb 2014...
- 0Feb 12, '13 by CalirnforeverI have a question about the reference/recommendation letter. So my manager who wrote my recommendation just moved to another floor so we have a new manager who does know me nor do I know her. In this case, if wolford calls to verify and my previous manager is no longer in the unit I work in. Would that be a problem? Do they call every applicant's workplace to verify?
- 0Feb 12, '13 by a4562Tre: I interviewed in the middle of November and got my acceptance letter in the mail two weeks to the day after my interview.
CaliRN: I know they do call references. I had one of my references tell me that they called to ask some follow-up questions. I would just look to see what contact information the reference provided for the school (what email and contact phone) If it is different now then give the school the updated information.
As far as the interview, I agree with Oscar about the types of questions. Nothing too difficult they just want to get to know you and why you want to go to their program.
- 0Tre: I also got my acceptance response in two weeks time.
Cali: I honestly would not worry about it if you already have the recommendation letter from your former ICU manager. I actually got my mine from my manager and then transferred to another ICU. They still called my old manager and verified. I agree with the previous poster that you could get your former manager's contract info and relay it to ------------ @ Wolford. One of the things I like about Wolford is that they are not at all intimdating. They want to help you.Last edit by dianah on Feb 12, '13 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names