Wolford College October 2013 class anyone?? - page 13
by denver nurse | 46,150 Views | 260 Comments
Hi there, just wondering if any of you peeps are going to Naples in Oct. of 2013? I am all signed up and wanted to see if anyone else has been excepted/going? I know all the negative reviews about the place so no worries... Read More
- 0Congrats Ginny! Hopefully I will be saying those same words this Fall!! I plan on sending in my information by September to hopefully start in February. Do you think September is cutting it to close? I won't have GRE complete until end of August. I have thought about sending in information in July also and explain that I am scheduled for GRE. I will also be completing the last chemistry requirement in the fall.
- 0Apr 1, '13 by Tre'RNQuote from denver nursehey denver nurse, on the FBON application when asked about availability during disasters what did you put? yes or no? I was thinking of putting yes, but of sure if putting that would call for me to be sequestered from academic obligation regarding school.with the finger prints you need two sets...one for morphotrust (they process them for Wolford) and you need a set sent to the florida board of nursing. you can go to local sheriff or police and get the blue standard FBI prints. you will need to hand write an ORI number into each set of prints which is how they link your ORI number to the school. morphotrust you pay online florida board of nursing is through biomedical firm that also processes them for florida board. clear as mud right?! took me 3 weeks of phone calls and trying to get hold of wolford, florida board, and morphotrust...prob on hold for total of 8hrs over those 3 wks.
see below email from wolford about this...might help a little.
You will need to be fingerprinted twice. Once for the Wolford College background check and also for the Florida Board of Nursing (FBON).You are to get fingerprinted by your local law enforcement agency. We do not provide the fingerprint cards. Then you will need to forward the card to the L-1 Company in Tallahassee, FL, making sure our ORI number is on the card in order for me to get the results. You will also need to get fingerprinted for the FBON when you apply for your FL RN license. You will need to follow their instructions and get fingerprinted for them also. You will need to find a company to process them. There is a company on the FBON website that will process the cards and get them the results. Below is the company that will process the fingerprint cards for the Florida Board of Nursing license. You can have your fingerprints done on the fingerprint card and make sure the FBON ORI number is on the card in order for them to receive the results and this company will convert the card to livescan. Please contact them for information on how to accomplish that and the actual cost before you forward your cards. The lady that I spoke to was Sue Powers. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Biometric Information Management (B.I.M.)....................use this company for the florida board of nursing. they want a $50 money order to be sent with your prints to the below address. don't forget the ORI number!!
Location: 555 Metro Place, Suite 100, Dublin, OH 43017
Fees: Fingerprint card scanned at location - $59.25 (Contact before sending)
sounds straight forward but they fail to tell you these companies are horrible to work with!
toss me an email and i will give you all you need to know and save you the hassel of all this silliness
- 0Apr 2, '13 by m8265sQuote from nursejilly2005I had some of the same questions. I couldn't get the recommendation form out of read only so I reluctantly submitted my forms in writing. I used APA format for the statement of purpose essay.Just a quick question about the recommendation form. Was anyone able to change document from read only so it can be typed on? I would think it would be unprofessional to have the persons filling them out to just write on them. Thanks!
- 0Apr 2, '13 by OscarRNQuote from nursejilly2005Are you talking about the three recommendation forms they ask for in the application? I printed mine out, have it to the people I asked to write them. I'm pretty sure they all hand wrote them. Some typed an additional letter with them.Just a quick question about the recommendation form. Was anyone able to change document from read only so it can be typed on? I would think it would be unprofessional to have the persons filling them out to just write on them. Thanks!
As for your letter, they want to know why you want to be a CRNA, how you have prepared, and a but about yourself. APA format is great to use.
- 0Apr 2, '13 by denver nurseQuote from Tre'RNhey denver nurse, on the FBON application when asked about availability during disasters what did you put? yes or no? I was thinking of putting yes, but of sure if putting that would call for me to be sequestered from academic obligation regarding school.
Um, can't remember what i put...I think i put i was available but no biggie either way. you can always choose to help after you talk to the school so whatever you think. I doubt you would have to do any mandatory obligation if you were in the middle of school.