University at Buffalo roll call - Page 2Register Today!
- May 11, '09 by LindseyKHey Julie -
That is great that you live in Buffalo now. It is probably nice to have the chance to get used to the city before the program starts. What are some of your favorite spots? I am planning on moving up sometime in August. Am just beginning to look at apartments now. Any recommendations on where to live? I've heard Amherst is nice, but am thinking that I want to be walking distance to classes. Is a car absolutley necessary?? I am also considering living with a roommate. After living alone for 4 years, I'm wondering if this is a good thing to take on now?! But hoping that it will be a nice break from school. What are our living situations like? Hope you enjoyed your weekend and will talk to you soon. -Lindsey
- May 18, '09 by jfishie78Lindsey,
Amherst is nice and close to the school. I currently live by the zoo and the delaware park in the city which is really nice and about a 5 minute drive to campus. It really all depends on where you want to live, elmwood village and allentown is nice and the "trendy" part of Buffalo. Rent can be really cheap and a lot of places offer heat with the rent so living alone is totally do-able. Let me know what you find and I can find out if that is a good or bad neighborhood, especially in the city. I personally wouldn't want to have a roommate after living alone all that time and possibly dealing with any drama when you are going to be so busy. Try looking on craigslist-there are a ton of places posted. And yes, you definitely want a car while here, unless you want to walk or wait for the bus in 8 feet of snow and subzero temps that Buffalo is famous for! Are you planning on working per-diem at all up here? I think I might try working a few weekends here and there but I'm not really sure. I don't know what to expect with this program or how challenging it will be. Keep me posted!
- Jun 1, '09 by dow18000julie,
thank you so much for you lengthy reply, and i apologize for the delay in thanking you. i am sure she will be responding to you with many questions.....thanks again!
- Jun 2, '09 by LindseyKHey Julie - Thank you so much for your reply, it was very helpful! I will be sure to keep you posted of my findings and reaching out to you more! As far as working per diem, I quickly glanced at the options but have not contacted anyone for more details. I, too, do not know exactly what is in store for us, so for now, am just probably going to see how it goes and see exactly what I can handle. My email is LindseyK@buffalo.edu. Please feel free to email me personally. Ideally, I will be up in Buffalo in July to check out apartments and would love to meet up if you're around! I hope all is well and will talk to you soon - Lindsey
- Dec 1, '09 by natbugAnyone out there starting UB in fall 2010??
- Dec 23, '09 by cmrez23Natbug,
I will be starting at UB this fall as well!! I have lived my entire life in the Buffalo area, and currently work in a Cardiovascular ICU. I can't wait to get started!
- Dec 24, '09 by alishamalhotraHi Julie My name is Alisha and i am starting UB CRNA program in 2010. hope u r enjoying ur first semester. if u don't mind can i have ur personal e-mail . may be i can buy used books from u when i start my semester in august 2010. let me know.
- Dec 25, '09 by alishamalhotraHello Everybody
I am starting CRNA program in fall 2010. So you guys are my seniors. I was wondering if you guys can give me any ideas about the course loads and how to survive through out the program. Also interested buying some used books too.
Thanks to u all