SRNA Sponsorships for School
- 0Feb 5, '13 by maninnursing1234Can someone please give me the contact info for an anesthesia group if your area that sponsors SRNAs? I am in UT, and there isn't a demand for CRNAs here at all and no programs sponsor students.
I found one in Ohio but they require a 5 year commitment for 30k, seems like there must be better offers out there somewhere!
I know a lot of hospitals offer reimbursement, but I am looking for folks who will pay me while I'm in school. Thanks in advance!
- 1,114 Views
- 0Feb 5, '13 by JayVArnI know the military has a program called STRAP if you want to go that route. Otherwise it is hit or miss. With the economy the way it is currently, what you are describing is getting scarce. Not saying it doesn't exist (I have no idea because I've never looked into it personally), but I'm wiling to venture it is hard to find.
- 0Feb 6, '13 by manuskoMy buddy had his school tuition paid throughout school and he owes 3 years, but he was one of the last people to get that deal. They stopped doing it. That's the best deal I heard of except for the military.
I'm not sure anyone else would pay you while you are in school. With the growing saturation of CRNAs I would guess those types of programs will become more scarce.
- 0Feb 6, '13 by ahSICURNFurthermore: just be careful if you find this kind of setup. I've been cautioned by a CRNA about how sometimes these kinds of offers look good at first, but may require a tremendous amount of call and can sometimes put you in anesthesia situations that you may not be comfortable with. I was advised to make sure my first job is safe as honestly anesthesia education really isn't that expensive when you think about how much you make directly out of school. Be cautious of offers that seem too good to be too good to be true... As they may be just that!
- 0Feb 7, '13 by missnurse01also hosp may decide to use how they want. if it is not stipulated that you work work as a crna only, I have heard of some new grads ending up having to work as floor nurses after school since the hosp did not have any open crna positions.
good luck. I never looked into since I had seen so many bad stories and they are very few and far in between nowadays. Everyone lives on loans through school now.