I got in, but now I'm not sure I can go.Register Today!
- by mooremds Sep 27, '12So I got accepted to a CRNA program, however, my primary clinical site would require me to move, which I at first though wouldn't be a problem. Now I realize how a difficult it was for my husband to get a job, and I'm not sure he would be able to get another job in the location we're going for my clinicals. I could accept and just hope that a clinical spot opens up that wouldn't require us to move or that my husband would be able to find a job. I could also hold out and reapply next year in hopes that I get accepted again and can get a clinical site that wouldn't require a move. Have any of you declined and reapplied and gotten in? Would a school not want to offer me a position because I turned one down before?
- 1,306 Views
- Sep 27, '12 by ckh23Have you spoken to the program director? I think that would be the best place to start. My program allowed someone to wait and gave them a spot in the 2013 class. What is the point of waiting a year if you could possibly end up in the same spot?
- Sep 27, '12 by mooremdsI have talked to them, and they said that it's possible I could get a site closer to where we are, but they cannot guarantee it. They said if we cannot move than the best thing would be to reapply next year, I'm just afraid I may miss out on the opportunity to next year.
- Sep 27, '12 by ckh23It's a tough call. To me it doesn't make sense to wait a year and run the risk of the same thing happening. How far away is this clinical site and how long are you there for? Is it possible for you to move closer to clinical site and while your husband stays home?
- Sep 27, '12 by traumaRUsIf you really want to do this and I'm thinking you do, move, get a cheap place for 2-3 year clinical time and your husband stays where he is. When you are done, then decide where to go.
- Sep 27, '12 by manuskoQuote from ckh23I agree. And what happens if you can't find a job in your desired location? It definitely needs to be a joint decision that you can both be happy with. I attend with many people who really want to work at our main clinical site bc they are from the area. One person even said they would work as a floor nurse until a job opened up.It's a tough call. To me it doesn't make sense to wait a year and run the risk of the same thing happening. How far away is this clinical site and how long are you there for? Is it possible for you to move closer to clinical site and while your husband stays home?
Tough decision but it needs to be a joint decision. My buddy lives 4 hrs away but goes home on weekends. Always remember that it is temporary.