Direct Accession USAGPAN FY2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Direct Accession USAGPAN FY2013 in Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (SRNA), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hi, I know this topic has been covered serveral times in the past, especially in the direction of...by MTBerRN Oct 10, '12Hi, I know this topic has been covered serveral times in the past, especially in the direction of people applying to the program, but I am looking to start a conversation about the interim between acceptance, actual class starting and then some...
Possible topics of discussion-general information on the structure of the new DNP program, tips on transition to Army for the civilian, BOLC info/tips (what to get before you go type of issues), etc...
I am a civilian and have been accepted to NEU/USAGPAN fy2013 but am currently awaiting the Army Board to make the final decision for direct accession Novemeber 5 2012. I have been looking through the threads and have found some good info on applying but not much for those civilians who have been accepted and are trying to make the transition process that much more manageble.
Any current Phase I students that were direct accession civilians on this site?
Thanks for any responses.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=791298©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,477 Views
- Oct 18, '12 by sunshineonleithI am currently in phase 1 of USAGPAN. Please pm me.
- Oct 20, '12 by MTBerRNThanks for posting... but at this time I am unable to send pm's as I haven't posted 15 times....I'm working on it and I will pm as soon as I can.
- Nov 3, '12 by sunshineonleithohhhhh. i was surprised you hadn't responded. i'll try to PM you.
- Nov 13, '12 by vtrobinsonI too got into NEU and am awaiting word from the board. MTBerRN, have you heard anything? Sunshineonleith, when did you hear last year?
- Nov 14, '12 by MTBerRNHey vt, nope nothing yet. I have a feeling it will be a few weeks at the latest. I'm keeping my expectations low (we are waiting on Army paperwork and redtape), so if I hear later this week or early next week I'll be that much more surprised. Good luck with the board and hope to see you next year!
- Nov 14, '12 by vtrobinsonI am getting the same from my recruiter, the response will come anywhere from tomorrow to two weeks. The waiting is killing me.
From what I have heard, if you get a slot, you can expect orders in the January time frame. Since BOLC and the USAGPAN program are both in San Antonio, you will most likely just PCS directly there late February/early March in order to accomplish you inprocessing prior to BOLC. After BOLC which ends late May, there is a one month orientation (god knows what that encompasses) then you go right into school.
I will be PCSing from Germany so that just adds the the madness. I am currently working at LRMC and we have quite a few fairly new grads from the program who have been quite helpful.
- Nov 16, '12 by sunshineonleithI think the boards started on 11/1 last year and I heard back from my recruiter 11/15. I didn't call her every day or I might have heard sooner. The waiting was awful. Find a hobby or get all your Christmas shopping done early!
- Nov 16, '12 by sunshineonleithAlso, about expecting orders in January...I wouldn't. Mine DID come in January, but I had classmates who literally got their orders a week before BOLC started.
- Nov 21, '12 by vtrobinsonHoly crap, it takes a LEAST a month to PCS out of Germany, hopefully they recognize this fact.