Alternate at KU CRNA programRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Alternate at KU CRNA program in Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (SRNA), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I am on the alternate list for The University of Kansas CRNA program starting 2012. Any advice on...by tenman11 Dec 10, '11I am on the alternate list for The University of Kansas CRNA program starting 2012. Any advice on ways to tactfully keep myself fresh in the minds of the admissions committee without seeming too desperate. Anyone out there with prior experience with KU's alternate list and how many they consider as alternates?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=652389©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,446 Views
- Dec 13, '11 by JayVArnThey rank their wait list 1 through a certain number and pick numerically. I'm sure you could find out your number on the list via e-mail.
- Oct 1, '12 by mdxtiHi you guys, I have an interview coming up at University of Kansas and I'm freaking out. Can somebody please send me an email with advices?How is the interview like?Are there tons of clinical questions? My email address is email@example.com.
- Oct 1, '12 by JayVArnIt is pretty relaxed. No clinical questions, just get to know you. After the series of painfull injections and increasing electrical shocks to your sensitive areas, the interview is low key. Why you want to be a crna, why this program and other general interview q's. There is probably a template on this site with general questions and hints. If interviewing is not your strong suit I would reccomend practicing. Good luck! Go Jayhawks
also be sure to bring a knife long enough to pierce saber tooth tiger hide (maybe 10 inches or so), I won't tell you specifics but it will come in handy. I had to use my bare hands and it took a little longer than I would have liked (and tiger CSF is hard to get out from under your nails).
- Oct 1, '12 by SyruneekJust wondering if anyone knows if KU MED has ever admitted anyone without CCRN certification? I have an interview At KU and currently don't have my ccrn I am nervous that I may not be choseb because of it. Also, any tips on the interview process?
- Oct 5, '12 by mdxtiHI Syruneek, when is your interview and where are you from?
- Oct 6, '12 by SyruneekMy interview is on 11/9.
- Oct 6, '12 by SyruneekMy interview is on 11/9. I live in KC.
- Oct 11, '12 by mdxtiNice, I'm from California and I have my interview on Nov 2nd. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, i'll let you know how it goes.
- Nov 2, '12 by SyruneekHey mdxti, hope your interview went well!