ADMITTED! - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 28, '11 by MeTheRNQuote from soonnurseThank you very much. I'm unpacking and getting acclimated with the area. I already picked up my anesthesia books...they're daunting!Congratulations...... and may your path be successful. Please keep us updated about your experience so that we can live it through your eyes.
- Oct 22, '11 by soonnurseHow is it so far?
- Oct 26, '11 by MeTheRNOh my goodness, it sure is something else! I'm taking 5 classes this semester. I go to class twice a week and study for the rest of the week. My class has 45 students in it from all over the country (maybe 8% of us are from FL). The teachers are intense, but they seriously encourage you to talk to them about any problems. For example, we recently went to the FANA conference and some people were bashing Wolford. Yesterday during class the instructors addressed it and let us know that we can talk about it with them if we're nervous about anything. Another instructor is meeting with students at Starbucks on Saturday to go over some physics stuff.
Ultimately it's a hard process and they're not here to hold our hands. If you embody the fact that everything they put you through is for your own good, it's hard to take anything personally. That's my experience so far! Now back to homework...
- Oct 28, '11 by LNeonurseQuote from MeTheRNLOL!! The dancing super hereos are cracking me up right now.I got in!!!! Wolford College Fall 2011 BABY!
Very thankful for all the support/advice from these forums! The interview was a breeze thanks to the tips and anecdotes!
Now to catch up on sleep!
29 months until I'm a CRNA! cheers:
- Nov 25, '11 by almcco3For everyone that got into the Fall, any tips on where to live? I'll be moving in about 7-8 weeks! Ill be living alone, so I'm tryingt o find somewhere decent with a decent price! Do any places give discounts for wolford students?
- Nov 25, '11 by MeTheRNLiving alone in Naples for a decent price is not easy. I suggest you look at places on or around 951, but be warned that these are usually income-restricted areas. Honestly the easiest thing to do is just go to the wolford website and post on the housing forum and find a decent place with roommates. Most 1/1's in Naples that are in normal neighborhoods easily go $800+/month.
A good idea would be to contact a real-estate agent that specializes in rental properties. I found my condo through an agent and I only pay $100 more than I would be paying for a 1/1 but I have a 2/2 condo in a nice community.