Hi there! Just wanted to get to know each other some more and kind of see what everyone's plans were.
Just curious to see:
- Where all did you apply for NP school?
- Which school is your first choice and why?
- What speciality? (FNP, PMHNP, ACNP, AGNP, etc)?
- What was your GPA, GRE, and how much/what type of experience did you have?
- Have you heard back from any school(s) yet?
- What semester are you looking to start?
- Online or on campus?
Here are my answers:
- UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, University of Alabama. Debating applying to Duke, Vanderbilt, & NYU (I will apply to those once I get acceptance/rejection letters from the first 4, just because they are all so expensive, they would be my last choices).
- Chapel Hill is my first choice now - it's distinguished but still a state school so it's affordable. I currently live in Charlotte, NC, so I wouldn't be moving so far I would be leaving my family completely. Alabama is my 2nd choice. Their program would be amazing because it combines the FNP & PMHNP and it's all online, which would be fantastic.
- I've applied to FNP and PMHNP programs. I have a background in psychiatric emergency department and also pulmonary progressive telemetry. I would be so happy with either route, and honestly I couldn't decide myself. So I figured whatever program I got into would ultimately make the decisions for me.
- I have a 3.76 overall GPA with a 3.9 in nursing. My GRE wasn't outstanding, I scored a 152 on verbal, 162 on quantitative, and 4.0 on writing. I have 2 years experience.
- Not heard back anything yet. Most deadlines just hit, so I'm thinking by mid-April I should know something.
- UNC Charlotte starts in the summer, but all other programs are Fall 2014.
- I would honestly prefer an online curriculum, but the only online only is Alabama. The rest are combined into on-campus and distance education.
Nice to meet you all!