Walden University students
- 0Jan 24, '13 by CyndiRN72I would like to obtain input from Walden university students who are specializing in adv nursing practitioner program. Pls let me now your experiences, do's and don't's. I'm starting in March and am very excited yet nervous about it. Thanks!
- 4,772 Visits
- 0Jan 30, '13 by CyndiRN72Quote from Mark Hill BSNThanks for the advice. Are you working full-time? As time consuming as you said, is it possible to raise a 4 yr old, be a wife and work 3 days 12 hr shifts?Do the work.
Don't underestimate the program.
It is very comprehensive, difficult and time consuming. I will start linicals in June 2013.
- 0Feb 1, '13 by CyndiRN72Quote from keq9969I'm in the FNP program but I still have to take humanities and statistic. Great I can't wait to collaborate with you.hello,
I to am starting the program in March. Which concentration are you in? FNP or Adult/Geriatric. I am in the FNP. I know it is very time consuming but will be well worth. Feel free to stay in touch!
- 0Feb 1, '13 by Mark Hill BSNI work part time right now because I am taking 3 classes this quarter. I have been told that I will not be able to take 3 courses next quarter because they are specialty courses. The program is very doable, but in order to do well you will have to put in the time and be very organized if your plan to go to school full time. Many of my class mates are working full time, but it is a very hard road at times for them. I chose to go part time from the onset to focus on school, and I have done well so far but but it has been difficult with three classes at times.
- 0Feb 5, '13 by AcceleratedRNHi Everyone, I'm starting the FNP program in march as well. I plan on working full time and going to school full time. I was wondering if any of you guys starting the program in march have spoken to any advisors yet. How long do you all plan on finishing the program. I saw on my student portal that my graduation date is 2018 and I kinda freaked out lol because I do not want to be in school that long. My plan is to finish in at least 22 months( ntx year December) God's willing.
Any body will like to be a study partner? I current live in houston, tx and would not mind linking up with my future classmates.
- 0Apr 24, '13 by finesse reddI am currently in the FNP, track and it very time consuming with an abundance amount of information. The program also has had to undergo many changes due to technical issues as well as being new. Overall, I am very satisfied! Although, I did just go on a educational leave to ensure I get the most out of the program.