UAB online... Clinicals per week?Register Today!
- by Rizz Mar 14How many days a week do you have clinicals? Will it be possible to work 32 hours a week while attending the FNP program part time?
Thanks so much!
- Mar 15 by kathrn99I'm in my 4th semester of the ANCP program. I have worked 30+ hours/wk throughout the program. I haven't started clinicals yet. I start next semester. You will find your own preceptor and they just tell you how many hours a semester you need. They don't care what shifts you get them in.
- Mar 15 by RizzAwesome!!! Thanks!
- Mar 15 by kathrn99Oh just thought of something. You will have to go to campus 1-2 times a semester once you are in advanced assessment
- Apr 30 by JarzacmomQuote from RizzI am finishing my 5th semester this week which was my first semester of clinicals. I'm in the Adult Primary Care program and we had to have 135 clinical hours this semester, 135 next semester, and 360 hours for residency in the fall. I worked three 12's each week and did my 135 clinical hours and banked an extra 40 hours for summer. I did 2 days a week most weeks. It was tough! I'm cutting back to two 12's for the summer since we still have 4 tests, a paper to write and 5-6 SOAP notes to do on top of the clinical hours in about 10 weeks instead of the 15-16 weeks that we had this semester. Starting this fall though, the semesters will be evened out so a short summer semester will no longer be a concern for students.How many days a week do you have clinicals? Will it be possible to work 32 hours a week while attending the FNP program part time?
Thanks so much!
I started in Fall 2011 and there is a large group of us who started at the same time that have a facebook page that we use to support one another. Hope this answers your questions! Good luck!
- May 1 by jenniferm1023It's doable. I worked a job that was 52 hours night shift each week. I did my 135 hours and banked 40 the first two semesters so that I could knock them off the 360 in the fall. I also found preceptors that did longer days so I could get more hours. I graduated last December.
- May 9 by PedsNP2b2013i work 24 hours a week and do 20 hours of clinical an 8 hours of classroom time a week.