Saint Louis University anyone??? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 23, '12 by mtsteelhorseThe person who recommended it is from that area. She hasn't actually attended but knows a lot about the school...says it's solid. Remind me again, are you Psych? I'll PM you....
- Oct 23, '12 by stormdanzr23Yep, psych np
- Dec 14, '12 by mo_moHi there,
I plan to apply for the Psych NP program for the Fall 2013 cohort. I am very worried about my qualifications for the program. I have a decent GPA(3.6) BUT I have no real experience. I am applying right after completing my BSN.
For those of you accepted into the program would you mind sharing your "qualifications." GPA, experience, and anything else you would like to share.
- Dec 14, '12 by mtsteelhorseI'm not sure what my GPA actually calculated out at. I had a lousy 2.5 GPA 100 years ago in college. Went to nursing school 15 yrs later and graduated with a 4.0. JUST finished my BSN and not sure but I think it's 3.89 or something like that. Experience? I have no real psych experience, but I do work in a jail with lots of psych patients. Make sure you get strong letters of recommendation and write a passionate personal essay about why you want this. I do know they select...in other words not everyone gets in, but I get the impression it is much more than GPA.
Have you worked as a nurse yet? I think you will need that for sure. Good luck. I start in just a few weeks and I'm super nervous but excited. Good luck and feel free to PM me.
- Dec 17, '12 by CC-RN-EMTPJust a quick update. The first semester of my ACNP program at SLU is over! If anyone has any specific questions I will try to answer them.
- Dec 17, '12 by MILOBRIHow many years is the part-time option?
- Dec 17, '12 by mtsteelhorseQuote from CC-RN-EMTPCongratulations!!! I sent you a PM...Just a quick update. The first semester of my ACNP program at SLU is over! If anyone has any specific questions I will try to answer them.
- Dec 17, '12 by MILOBRIOops. Posted twice.Last edit by MILOBRI on Dec 17, '12 : Reason: double post
- Dec 17, '12 by CC-RN-EMTPQuote from MILOBRIThe full-time plan is 2 years and the part-time plan 3 years.How many years is the part-time option?