Officially a NP student - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 18, '12 by Mom To 4My experience is med/surg and oncology. I am currently working flex in oncology while working on DNP. I am completely getting out of the hospital experience once school is completed. I would like to work in a family practice as a FNP.
- Jun 21, '12 by radoncnurseHi Mom TO 4,
I am so glad I found you. I am currently an oncology nurse and am considering Loyola's DNP program. How was orientation? Does it seem like everyone is friendly? Also, did you have to go down to NO for in person interview? I'm glad its all online except for the yearly orientation week. Any info is appreciated.
- Jun 21, '12 by Mom To 4Yes, all of the faculty are DNP educated and very helpful and nice. You get everyone's email, office number, and cell number so you can call if you need to do so. The campus is beautiful and I loved it down there. So far the work is tough but I just keep plugging away. It will all be worth it in the end.
- Jul 29, '12 by CuriousRN84Congrats! I start a DNP program in a week, ready to get started!!
- Feb 8 by NJprisonrnI want to chime in as a new NP student who just started clinicals. My preceptor is awesome, and the docs and PAs are willing to teach. I am so grateful. It occurred to me today that my clinicals (I'm in a rehab hospital) are similar to nursing school, but cooler and with much less urine. You have made a great choice. I can't wait to be an NP and precept students of my own!!! Good luck to all.
- Apr 13 by dnt8178PplCallMeHilary
Hello I see you are starting next month at Loyola. I am as well and I look forward to meeting everyone. There is a Facebook page Loyola New Orleans BSN-DNP that you can join. It is not only people in the upcoming class but last years class also. I have learned so much just by chatting with them. Look forward to meeting you.