Anyone attending Kaplan or Walden University? - page 4
I am currently looking into and applying to several FNP programs. I am wondering if anyone has attended or is attending either Kaplan or Walden? If so, what has your experience been like so far. Thanks!... Read More
- 0Jan 20, '13 by bmjacksonHello I just started the the BSN to MSN FNP track. The foundation course was detailed for 6 weeks but it was highly organized. My co-worker has six classes left and takes one class @ a time. She advised me that two courses are severely intense for her as a full-time worker, mother, and wife.The core courses are intense class assignments. I have to readjust my work schedule. I believe it can be done.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by RNtoNPwithfaithQuote from cocojonesRNTNSHello! I begin my Adult-Geronitlogical NP at Kaplan at the end of February, I really excited. Glad to hear you enjoyed kaplan for your BSN, may I ask why you won't be staying there for your NP?I did my BSN thru Kaplan and loved it. As much as you can love school that is. I have applied to Walden for my FNP hope to start in March, not that I am looking forward to going back to school but I need to do this and do it now. I am not getting any younger.
- 0Mar 1, '13 by GGMISSTXHow is the FNP program going for those that have started? I just received my acceptance letter and I will be starting June 3. Is it possible to work full time at first and go to school. I have a full time job, married and 1 teenage child. I am really nervous and afraid I will not be able to work full time. Any comments Please..
- 0Mar 7, '13 by SoCalGirlRNHi GGMISSTX.
I was accepted into Walden FNP program to start in Mar 1. I actually haven't started Because I have been so busy this week. When I called to advisor to help me make my decision whether to defer until June, she stated that tution will be much higher for the new students starting June and that if I kept my class now, that mine would stay a little lower? She said this just changed yesterday and I wonder if its just a way to keep me in? So, I'm curious to know if this is true. What is your tuition starting in June per credit hour?
It seems like they recieved a big turn out and are having I huge demand for NP program. They have thousands if applicants and are now planning to change the admission requirements to make it more competitive and selective. The cost of tution, even with the new rate, is still comparable to other schools. I think we are lucky we got in when we did because it was so easy!
However, all of this makes me wonder if its a good choice. I mean, I think it's a great opportunity to become an FNP, but it seems like there will be so many grads that it may be more competitive to find a job.
- 0Mar 11, '13 by L_L_S_L_T_G_OQuote from GGMISSTXHi! Expecting to join you June 2013 in the Walden FNP Program I applied and I'm anxiously awaiting the final word. I will be working FT throughout the program. Keep in touch...How is the FNP program going for those that have started? I just received my acceptance letter and I will be starting June 3. Is it possible to work full time at first and go to school. I have a full time job, married and 1 teenage child. I am really nervous and afraid I will not be able to work full time. Any comments Please..