Where are all the Tri-County Tech, Pendleton, SC -Students ( Anderson&Oconee SC ) - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 20, '10 by CharlieTHi SV, and welcome to the site. I am currently taking 111 at TCTC. You will be starting clinicals soon, and that is where it all comes together for me. I find that clinical is where I don't worry about grades and concentrate on learning and gaining experience. That drug calc book should be your best friend. Next semester you will be doing slightly more complex math with IV drip rates and flow rates. Hopefully you will get to use some of the skills that you are being checked off on during clinicals. You will also be passing meds during clinicals. Be sure that you know all of the meds that you are giving to your patient. A good study group is a lifesaver. You can use classmates to help you keep up with assignments and tests and such. Keeping your nose in a book is a good move. It seems like I am studying all of the time. Like cole, I have loaded myself heavy, and may have to drop a class. You will be expected to write a care plan on each of your patients. This can be a chore, but it will help you to put things together. Youtube.com is a good resource for me as well as the ATI stuff. If you start to feel behind, make an appointment with your instructor, they are all there to help you. Perhaps if you could be a little more specific about areas that you feel behind in I could give you some more help.
- Mar 9, '10 by sweetblonde989How many points did everyone have to get into the program? How long did you wait to get in? I have applied and I hope to get in to start in August!!
- Mar 9, '10 by CharlieTI got in first time I applied. I will have to look to see how many points I had. You should know by the time we come back from spring break. Keep checking your tctc email. Good luck!
I am staying in the books this semester. Med surg is tough.
- Mar 10, '10 by sweetblonde989Thanks so much!!!
- Mar 15, '10 by CharlieTAnyone heard anything yet about starting in the Fall?
- Mar 24, '10 by sweetblonde989Hey I am supposed to start LPN this fall!
- Aug 12, '10 by home-school momHi All!
I've just decided to go back to school after nearly 20 years of being out. I feel confident through 6th grade as I teach my girls at home. It will so different than what I've been teaching, we use Christain based curriculum, God is Creator, so we did not evolve, age of the earth > 10,000 years. How are the science classes? Difficult? I've had Bio 210, Bio 101, Psy 201, Eng 101, 102, Mat 110 and a few other courses years ago. I don't think they will even count now. Even if they did count I don't recall any of it. Have not registered for met with an advisor, will not do this till next Tuesday the 17th. Any advice?
- Aug 15, '10 by MissJessica,RNI recently finished the ADN program (May 2010) at Tri-County and just happened to stubble across this post. It was a tough road, but I'm glad I finished. Passed the NCLEX on the first try! I am now working in LTC (as of June 2010), which was definitely not my first choice, but that's how the economy is right now. I am now starting the RN-BSN program at Clemson.
But anyways, I've been there and done that....so if you have any questions, just ask! I'll be happy to answer any about the program (pre-req's I can't really remember).
- Aug 15, '10 by home-school momHi Jessica,
Congratulations!! I was just at the updates to nursing last week with Mrs. Rhondes,,, how long did it take you get on the complete list? Which option did you choose. I was going to use the pre- nursing cert., but now I'm thinking of swithcing to LPN to Rn... any suggestions. What is LTC? It is probably something I'll know after you explain it, then I'll be thinking to myself, "how could I have not known that."
I know you said you couldn't really remember but I'll ask anyway, how was the Bio 225 (micro.)? I'm thinking of taking it this semester along with Bio 210 (A&P). If not the 210 I was thinking the 112, which is not part of the program, but it may be a nice refresher since it has been 18 years since I took 210. I only made a C then, but I did not ever study. I'm much older and hopefully wiser now.
- Aug 19, '10 by CharlieTHS mom,
Hi there, I am currently in the adn program at tctc. I would not recommend taking bio210 and bio225 at the same time unless you are really prepared to spend a LOT of time on those classes. I am not saying it is impossible, but you will have your hands full with 2 lab courses in the same semester. Are there any other classes that you can take to build your point value?
LTC means long term care, aka nursing home.
If you have any other questions just post them here and I will try to answer.
See you around campus next week!