MUSC Accelerated BSN - Page 38Register Today!
- Sep 2, '11 by chs12I am so curious to know how many people are applying for spring 2012 but I know the application deadline is not until the 15th. I am also curious to know what everyones stats are who have applied...
good luck to everyone!
- Sep 3, '11 by cindy76I'm applying this week! I have 12 years medical assistant experience, and my GPA is 3.79. But, my science grades are low, so I;m really nervous I won't get it. I wonder how long it takes to hear an answer?
- Sep 6, '11 by aadrianHi Cindy - I spoke with Bayne Ritter, the admissions specialist for Nursing and she said that notification would be sent out mid-to-late November. Good Luck!
- Sep 6, '11 by aadrianThis is the information I recieved from Mardi Long, with regard to the latest class that was accepted (for Fall 2011):
The last cohort admitted looked like this -
Cumulative GPA, 3.4
Key GPA, 3.7
Science GPA, 3.7
100% had related work/and/or volunteer experience
The average reference score was 9.38/10
The average essay score was 9.9/10
There were 360 applications for 60 spaces - very competitive
- Thanks for the info guys! I'm a little bummed, I really don't think I'm going to get it. My science GPA is only 3.0, overall it is 3.79. What is meant by key gpa-pre-reqisites? Someone else told me we'd maybe know by Mid-October, which would be better than November! Fingers crossed!
- I am so nervous yet excited and afraid( mostly because I don't have a back up plan and im from North Carolina so I will be out of state) I know this is the school for me, things in my life has led me to MUSC and I pray every day that I will be accepted
This is my background:
-Associates Degree in Science
-EMT-B state licence june 2011
-American Heart Association CPR &AED Certified
-FEMA Introduction to Incident Management
-FEMA Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
My Cumulative GPA 3.58
and prereq is a 3.9
I have numerous academic awards ranging from
-Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and colleges 2010
-Received the North Carolina academic excellence award from the governor of North Carolina 2010 -Regional vice president of North Carolina for Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
And a ton of volunteer experience
Good Luck to Everyone!!!
- I dont think I can make it to November
- Well, if it makes you feel any better it sounds like you're a shoe in! They'd be crazy not to snatch you up! I've been working on my backup plan all day, because I don't think I stand a chance with my low science scores. I think I'm going to pursue my Masters in Health Care Administration-I've got a background in that field.
Thanks for the encouragement, stay positive as easy as that is to say it is so hard to do. I looked back on GPA's and some people have been accepted with a 3.0! Are you from Charleston? I would feel much more confident if I was instate
- Thanks! My parents live in Charleston, and it's officially still my state of residence. I grew up there, but moved away because my husband is in the military.