Midlands Technical College Nursing Student - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 18, '09 by slynotshypre-nursing mtc student here
- Feb 18, '09 by sahm02Good Luck I am in my last semester of the RN program. Stay strong!
- Feb 18, '09 by slynotshysahm02 - Congrats on being on your last semester!!!!
i know! i am so incredibly excited...i basically just started doing my pre-reqs, but i should be finished with them by the end of the summer...and then i get on the glorious list, but all good things in time.
any starting out pointers? should i avoid a certain prof. or start studying some now...? any suggestions and insight would be more than welcome. Thanks!
- May 13, '09 by 1nurseoncallHi, I'm an LPN in Ga applying to the Midlands tech LPN-RN bridge program. I have to get the pre-nursing certificate inorder to apply to RN program. Has anyone been through this program? How long is the wait usually? I have just sent transcripts so I need to go to an advisor in June to see what classes they will except or not because some of my class are on quaters and semesters. I hope they will except my A&P 1 & 2 and Micro even though they were taken back in "99". I looking forward to hearing any info about the course and school. I think I will have to get a SC LPN license when I get to the schools program right know I"m a new grad working in Augusta, GA.
- May 13, '09 by sahm02Sciences are taken only within the past 5 yrs. If you have a previous degree you may be able to skip the pre nursing cet. great program, I just graduated RN, but hard, you earn your degree. They have a 100% pass rate for the LPN boards. Good luck!
- Jul 1, '09 by ljnorrisCan you give any suggestions for teachers for 265? Thanks.
- Jul 27, '09 by sahm02I was in the evening/wkd program so we didn' t have the regular 265 instructors. sorry I couldn't help you. it is a very tough semester so gear up!
- Oct 29, '09 by misssheriscHi everyone. I am currently a teacher. I have been teaching for three years and I see this is not the career for me. I have always been interested in nursing, and even in high school took a health occupations class. I really enjoyed it! I am wondering how hard is it to get into the Nursing program. I am going to send my application off tomorrow. Since I am leaving teaching, I want to be sure I am not going to waste time in the program. My other coursework should transfer over from my degree, I took A and P in 2003 (wish I made this descision last year!) So I will have to retake this to meet the 5 year requirement. Looking at the coursework, I should be able to start with the first semester classes. Will the school allow me to begin in the summer? These are probally questions I should call the school and ask, but I figure I will ask here anyway. Currently I am in Florence, but I am moving back to Columbia at the conclusion of this school year. An advice you could give me would be very helpful.
Also, is there still an evening nursing program? If not, what kind of jobs do you think are best for a nursing student?
- Nov 22, '09 by oneblessedHello to all. Just got acceptance letter for the pre-nursing program. Thank God! I would appreciate any and all pointers to this new career change at MTC. Right now I'm just excited and anxious at the same time.
- Dec 18, '09 by oneblessedHi everyone. Any MTC students out there? I will be starting my pre-reqs in January @ MTC. Being that I work full-time, I'm only taking 2 classes per semester. I have medical terminology along with PSY 102. Would it be best that I take BIO 210 (if available) my first semester? Also are there any suggestions/recommended instructors for AHS and PSY. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!