Midlands Technical College Nursing Student - Page 10Register Today!
- Oct 1, '11 by JennyNav82Hi Perryls. I'm starting this coming Jan 2012, too! I'll be relocating all the way from San Diego. How did you figure out what classes you'll be taking in Jan? Have you already met with a counselor? Looking fwd to meeting our classmates/making some new friends once I move out there.
- Oct 2, '11 by Katie803Quote from Stargirl2011For pharm you should be able to choose your teacher. I had Mrs. Kennedy and I aced it. Her tests are EXACTLY what is in her study guides. BUT DO NOT TAKE IT ONLINE IF YOU CAN HELP IT! It's a lot of busy work. I didn't even use my book but 1 time for pharm and that was something I just wanted to look up on my own. Good luck!My start date is August of 2012. Is there anyone on here that dropped RN to LPN to get there foot in the door faster. Can somebody tell me who a good teacher for Pharmacology. I will be taking it in the Spring of 2012.
- Oct 2, '11 by melgail93Hi guys! New to the site. I am looking to get my LPN certificate/license and I would like some advise. I have never been in the nursing field, but it is something that I have a VERY strong desire to pursue. I live in Myrtle Beach. Anyone out there that can help lead me in the right direction??
- Oct 10, '11 by dlynn1979Hi everyone!! I'm starting 101 this January at midlands, nervous and excited...anyone have any idea what sections Horn or Mays usually have? I've heard they're the best to get for 101 and I wanted to try to make sure I register for their section...
- Oct 11, '11 by Katie803Quote from dlynn1979Unfortunately, they usually don't post the specific teacher's sections until after registration, and you have to register AS SOON AS IT OPENS! I mean seriously, have everything you want picked out and ready to go, then when it opens at 8:00 am, be clicking on submit at 8:00 and ten seconds. They may have Mrs. Horn or Mrs. Mays as the lecture teachers, but there is no guarantee you will get them for clinicals. I think when I did fundamentals Mrs. Horn taught clinicals in the lower number sections. I would highly suggest just picking a class time that is good for you and keep your fingers crossed. Try to see if Mrs. Horn or Mays is registered as the lecture teacher and that will increase your chances. All the teachers are good, and don't let the horror stories about Ms. Murray scare you. She is a little strict, but she is nice and a damn good teacher. You WILL know your stuff. She is only strict because she wants you to put forth your best effort and learn QUICKLY from your mistakes. And if she does anything that intimidates you, just let her know. I am not a shy person and I realized after about 3 classes that the other girls were afraid to ask her to listen in with them on the double stethoscope to make sure they were auscultating in the right place because they didn't want her to react negatively. She was out of the room at the time and I told the other girls to watch how it was done. She came back in and I walked right up to her and said, "Do you think you could listen in with us? Some of us are a little concerned and we want to make sure we are doing it right.' She was very nice about it and listened in with everyone. Then after class I waited until everyone left and told her that while she was a good teacher she sometimes came off as a little intimidating. She seemed surprised and told me she hadn't realized that she came off that way, then in the next class told us to speak up about anything we didn't know and if she was being ****** to put her in check! She is actually pretty nice, but she was in the military for a long time and used to doing being authoritative. Good luck and keep us updated!Hi everyone!! I'm starting 101 this January at midlands, nervous and excited...anyone have any idea what sections Horn or Mays usually have? I've heard they're the best to get for 101 and I wanted to try to make sure I register for their section...
- Oct 12, '11 by dlynn1979Katie,
Thanks for responding Registration is always a nightmare with midlands...seems like every semester I get booted when trying to register because so many people are on right at 8, I really wish the school would fix that issue. I've heard so many different things about Ms. Murray, I was terrified of her, but it sounds like you had a good experience with her and shes not nearly as bad as most make her out to be... thanks again for the advice, and I'll keep in touch with everyone and let you know how things are going
- Nov 18, '11 by lelafinI had Murray for 101, and I actually really liked her. She has a no-nonsense way about her, but underneath it all you can see a really good, dry sense of humor. She is willing to help if you ask - you just have to be assertive.
- Nov 18, '11 by lelafinI was wondering if anyone had any advice about 265/263 - 3rd semester. I start in the Spring, and I'm pretty terrified. My friend is finishing up right now and less than 25% of her class is still left, and the ones that are left are barely passing. I have Greene, Basham and Richardson for lecture and Richardson for clinical.
Please, any tips or hints about clinical and lecture - what to expect and what to focus on in order to get through 3rd semester would be so appreciated!!!
- Dec 12, '11 by tmroge03Hello! I'm starting 101 in January in 2012 and I am so excited! Some study tips I have gotten from others is don't forget to study the same amount of time for lecture as you do for labs . That's where some tend to mess up. But if anyone has any advice of what I should expect in 101 any advice would be appreciated.
- Dec 13, '11 by oneblessedQuote from JacAn001Hello. It's been awhile since I've been online. hope everyone had a good semester. I am one class away from my pre-nursing certificate. I registered for an online English 101 class. Can you please tell me how the online class was for you and what instructor would you suggest?Hey - I'm also starting my pre reqs in Jan at MTC!
I'm doing Medical Terminology online AHS along with English 101 online and Freshman Seminar Online