RN jobs at Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, SC?
- 0Oct 19, '09 by AshleyAHas anyone been able to secure a job or even an interview at Piedmont?
I have applied for jobs that I am well qualified for but the HR lady won’t forward my resume to the hiring managers. I have years of experience & I meet or exceed all of the qualifications.
Anyone else had similar problems? Any solutions?
- 5,495 Views
- 0Oct 22, '09 by vablueyesI work at Piedmont, and didn't have any problem getting interviewed a year and a half ago. Recently, they have let some employees go, due to budget issues. I would call and speak with the HR person, and if you know where you want to work, perhaps call that department and speak with the charge/nurse manager. They can usually put a bug in the HR ear and get things moving.
- 0Oct 24, '09 by AshleyAQuote from vablueyesThanks for the advice. Called the HR person & she gave me a "reason" that I did not qualify for every job that I applied to. Even though the job postings didn't have any of the "requirements" she mentioned. Tried calling the hiring managers for the departments I wanted to work for and I kept getting the run around.I work at Piedmont, and didn't have any problem getting interviewed a year and a half ago. Recently, they have let some employees go, due to budget issues. I would call and speak with the HR person, and if you know where you want to work, perhaps call that department and speak with the charge/nurse manager. They can usually put a bug in the HR ear and get things moving.
So I give up!
- 0Nov 21, '09 by AshleyAQuote from TheBear90congrats, Ashley!
did you get the interview by calling the HR person multiple times or the hiring managers??? i'm applying as a new grad and just looking for advice. thanks.
good luck, hope it goes well!
Had to harass the HR lady for months just to get an interview!
- 0Dec 17, '09 by AshleyAQuote from vablueyeswell??? how'd the interview go?
i was offered the job.
after spending months dealing with their rude nurse recruiter, i was expecting a bit more from the interview but the hiring manager complained to me the whole time about the lack of teamwork and how everyone has their little clics and all the other problems the hospital has and how they are viewed poorly by the community, etc. so after all of that, i decided to decline the offer.
maybe people who work at piedmont have a different view, but after what i saw and heard i wouldn't recommend working there.
- 0Dec 22, '09 by vablueyesAshleyA, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. Please know that this is NOT the norm here. I work with just the best team ever, and we will all go out of our way to help eachother, we DON'T have tight little groups, and when a new person comes our way, we are excited and eager to welcome them in.
I wish I could cause a "do-over" for this and direct you to someone who would make your interview a pleasent experience. I know this has left you with a less than positive opinion of our facility, and believe me, we have our issues, but it is a great place to work.
I wish you luck on finding a job in the very near future, and with a facility that appreciates the experience you will bring to the table.
Good luck, and have a great holiday!
- 0Dec 23, '09 by vablueyesAAshley, I am wondering who the people you talked to are. Would you be kind enough to provide me with names? IF not names, then what departments? If you want to email them to me, that would be great. I don't think posting them here would be beneficial.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise to keep it confidential.
Best regards!!! Merry Christmas!!