While I'm a Lowcountry native, I obtained my nursing education and began my nursing career out of state. After nearly 5 years away, I miss my family and and am seriously considering moving home!
I'm sure I'm missing a hospital or two, but for those of you who work at MUSC, Roper/St. Francis, Trident, the VA, East Cooper Medical Center...
- What is your patient to RN ratio, and for what unit/hospital?
- Do you ever feel unsafe as a result of inadequate staffing or being assigned too many high acuity patients?
- Do you usually have PCTs/CNAs and unit clerks, and do they actually help?
- Are you and your coworkers satisfied with your units and/or facilities?
- Is staff turnover a problem within your unit and/or facility?
Thank you for your honest feedback!