Working at outpatient surgery center advice?

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hey guys! Just wanted some advice on looking for a new job. I have been a nurse for 9 months on a med surg floor, but I'm thinking about starting to look for another job. I would probably actually want to start another one in May or June, so at least I'd have a years worth of experience. Basically I'm tired of working nightshift and don't really want to work dayshift on my unit either. I'm just looking for something more routine and less high acuity. Hopefully something with good hours because I'm tired of being on the opposite schedule as my boyfriend and friends.

I was thinking about outpatient surgery centers. I have shadowed at one a couple of times in high school and I have been reading about them on this site as well and I think I would still really like working at one. If anyone has any tips or advice about getting a new job or working at a outpatient surgery center (pros/cons), I would greatly appreciate it! Or anywhere else you would recommend working besides a hospital, thanks!

+ Add a Comment