New nurse, new state

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Gm,

I'm new to this site and just wanted a little insight on what I should expect as a new nurse and finding employment newly out of school. I have literally been a RN since Jan. 2018. I resided in Florida prior to moving to Columbia, SC in November. I got married in December and relocated because my husband is military and this is where he's stationed. My previous employer offered me a position before graduating and I also had 2 other offers for employment. Since becoming licensed last month, I have searched high and low for employment here. No one wants to hire new grads in Columbia. There are 2 hospitals that offer a residency program but neither start until July and I have bills and student loans that have to be paid before then. I have started a job at a telephone company but it doesn't even begin to cover my expenses. I'm becoming more discouraged with each passing day. I just want to know what options I have. I've dreamed of being a nurse since I was a little girl but this has me rethinking my career decision. Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried any nursing homes? There is Healthsouth. It's a rehab hospital. You're going to work hard but the pay is good for SC.

+ Add a Comment