UMSON Fall 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

I'm starting this thread in hopes of meeting other hopefuls for the Fall 2018 BSN program at University of Maryland School of Nursing. I've submitted my application, just waiting on my Official Transcript from Towson before I submit the supplemental papers for my application. I've also applied to Towson University. Feel free to share your stats as we all ride out the wait together. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone going on the 24th to Baltimore orientation?

I think you had to email them the date you wanted to attend.

As far as the groups , all of the classes are the same, with the same professors except for the research class. Also, some groups dont have class on Thurs.

I just registered for my classes maybe a week ago & there was very few seats available for my group, maybe 2. So i would go ahead and register instead of waiting until orientation just so you can be sure to get in the group you want.

Has anyone started buying their books yet ?

Are you doing the Traditional BSN program? Because thats what I'm doing and I was told we were going to register for courses tomorrow. Also, I looked online and it looked like only like 2 classes had book information out. Hopefully we can start ordering books after orientation though.

My books have been added to my cart for like a week lol. I had to check to see if my friends had them first. But imma order mine on Thursday. Like 3 classes don't have the book info up there yet. Maybe they'll tell us at orientation

I think you had to email them the date you wanted to attend.

As far as the groups , all of the classes are the same, with the same professors except for the research class. Also, some groups dont have class on Thurs.

I just registered for my classes maybe a week ago & there was very few seats available for my group, maybe 2. So i would go ahead and register instead of waiting until orientation just so you can be sure to get in the group you want.

Has anyone started buying their books yet ?

I'm going for traditional also and was told when I called (5/7/18) that i could register. I told them oh I thought I had to wait for orientation and he said I could do it now. But just know during orientation if the schedule don't work I would have to move a few things around. And when I checked, I seen that classes already had students so I went ahead and registered and it went through.

Are you doing the Traditional BSN program? Because thats what I'm doing and I was told we were going to register for courses tomorrow. Also, I looked online and it looked like only like 2 classes had book information out. Hopefully we can start ordering books after orientation though.

Yes, I'm traditional bsn . When I called they told me I could go ahead and registered & they would check over it when i attended orientation, to make sure everything is correct.

I think I'm in group C .

Please let us know how orientation went

Hey guys I am applying in September! I'm totally skeptical though I only have a 3.2 gpa and I've heard its super competitive and hard to get in and I feel like 3.2 is a little on the low side :/

Amburrito if you look through all of the posts here, and for other semesters, you'll see that there were people with similar GPAs that got in (like me). Don't lose hope before you've even started. Good luck!

Bumping this thread, how's everyone doing? We have orientation on the 23rd (for Baltimore campus) right? Anyone know the deets yet? Also, is everyone compliant with Castlebranch? Hope everyone is having a great Summer!

Bumping this thread, how's everyone doing? We have orientation on the 23rd (for Baltimore campus) right? Anyone know the deets yet? Also, is everyone compliant with Castlebranch? Hope everyone is having a great Summer!

I do not know what time it starts, but yes it should be the 23rd. I'm sure they will be sending out an email about it though. I'm doing well though. I have everything except the Docucare and Shadow Health programs, an extra set of scrubs, and a watch. But, I've just been scanning through some of the books though and it seems like so much information we need to know. Also, I'm good for castlebranch, except that I need to start a third round of Hep B vaccines since apparently the first two rounds havent done a good enough of a job :( I'm getting excited, but nervous, for the semester though. Should be a good time however!

Hello! Summer is going great, got my uniform and stethoscopes.. loans are in.. >.

Can I ask you how much did you get awarded?

Can I ask you how much did you get awarded?

I got $438 for financial aid

$2998 for subsidized and $990 for unsubsidized for this semester. I am paying the rest in cash. 2.5g in cash... so far I got 1,250 for educational assistant grant per semester that has to be finalized and I am waiting for a transfer scholarship of 1,000 per semester... I am qualified but will know by the end of August.

+ Add a Comment