Two years in BScN program from canada?can I become an adn in the states

Nurses Career Support

Published

I have two years of education in the bachelor of Science nursing in canada. Did not finish the whole program but can I become an adn in the states with that. Of so which state is easier?

No, not without completing the program.

Ok thanks for the response. Even if I also have 2 years in the licensed practical nurse program. Which i completed btw Because I know in canada we only have lpn and BScN rn but in the states there's also adn. Would my education as a whole not qualify me to become an adn?

Probably not. You need to have some sort of degree to sit for the NCLEX.

I'm sure that a lot of your courses might transfer in to an ADN program and shorten the amount of time it would take you to complete a degree, but there's no mechanism by which a bunch of accumulated college credits suddenly "becomes" a degree. A degree has to be conferred by a school. And most (all?) schools require that you complete some specified minimum number of hours/credits at that school in order to be eligible for a degree from that school, regardless of how many credits you already have completed somewhere else. There's no way you can just magically convert the credits that you have from an incomplete BScN degree program into an associate's degree.

I suggest that, if/when you are in the US, you talk to ADN programs near you and see what would be involved in completing an ADN, if that's the route you want to pursue.

Every state in the US requires that you have completed an approved nursing program in order to be eligible for the NCLEX. It doesn't matter how many credits you've completed if you haven't finished and graduated from a school.

Best wishes for your journey!

+ Add a Comment