100% of reviewers agree that tuition and other associated costs are reasonable.
Reach Your Goals!
100% of reviewers believe academic standards help students reach their goals.
100% of reviewers believe support provided by teachers and staff are great.
"Where is ASU located?"
The Arizona State University College of Nursing and Health Innovation (ASU) is located in Phoenix, Arizona. There are a variety of options for Nurses to start their Nursing career, advance it, or go into a different direction.
"What types of nursing programs are available?"
Arizona State University offers a variety of Nursing degrees from undergraduate level to advanced practice and doctorate.
Nursing degrees offered include:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Post Baccalaureate BSN
- An accelerated path for those who already have a baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing. After applying and qualifying, the student is placed into a 12-month clinical nursing program.
- Traditional BSN
- The traditional BSN program is started in a 16-month all year round or 24-month academic year schedule, after completing prerequisites. This coursework has onsite clinical time.
- This degree is offered exclusively online to make it convenient for those who work fulltime and have families.
- The nurse who completed an associate degree or diploma is eligible for this program. Nurses residing in Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Washington should be aware that this program does not have approval from those State Boards of Nursing.
Nurses seeking to specialize their nursing skills can do so by advancing their degree to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
Arizona State University offers:
- Care Coordination MS
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Informatics
- Patient Safety and Health Care Quality
- Post-Master’s DNP programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Ready to take your career as a Registered Nurse to the absolute top?
Achieving a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is available through Arizona State University. You must possess an MSN before applying for the DNP program.
The following programs are available:
- Advanced Nursing Practice (Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner) DNP - An advanced practice nurse who specializes in the mature, older adult population.
- Advanced Nursing Practice (Innovation Leadership) DNP - The nurse who leads through innovative practices.
- Advanced Nursing Practice DNP - This DNP is especially for the Master's-prepared nurse seeking a unique challenge
- Family Nurse Practitioner - The nurse who achieves a Masters degree and desires to be able to care for individuals of all ages and/or with multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - This program is for the nurse who wants to specialize in mental health.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - At the end of the program, the nurse will be prepared to care for children as a practitioner.
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner - Nurses who like the specialty of Women’s Health can advance their practice with this advanced Degree program.
Nursing & Healthcare Innovation - Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD)
Arizona State University offers classes to complete a PhD in Nursing. At the end of the program, the nurse is prepared to teach. To lead to the completion of the degree, the nurse will conduct research individually or with a group. Hybrid learning as well as on-site is needed to complete this degree.
The New Age Way to Learn
Hybrid learning is the way the MSN and DNP courses are conducted. Hybrid learning is the new age way to learn. Traditional seat face-to-face time is composed of online activities to connect with other learners rather than only taking notes in class, sometimes complementing notes taken in class.
NCLEX pass rate
When searching for a school to attend, many nurses want to know their chances of passing the licensure exam for nursing called the NCLEX. At Arizona State University, the pass rate for BSN students is 92% on the first attempt.
"Why Arizona State University?"
Arizona State University was rated on their curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology and facilities and found to rank as number one for the “Most Innovative Schools” in 2016. Stanford, Duke, Harvard and Cornell fell behind Arizona State.
As for nursing, U.S. News & World Report tells us that their ranking is 14th for the Doctor of Nursing Practice and in the top 11% for the Master’s programs.
Arizona State has also been awarded the 2015 American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership with Mayo Clinic.