100% of reviewers agree that tuition and other associated costs are reasonable.
Reach Your Goals!
100% of reviewers believe academic standards help students reach their goals.
100% of reviewers believe support provided by teachers and staff are great.
Discover Online Nursing Degrees at Walden University
- CCNE-accredited bachelor's (BSN) program for Registered Nurses (RN)
- CCNE-accredited Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- CCNE-accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
- Post-master's certificate in nursing
The Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program at Walden University offers two online CCNE-accredited paths
- You will take nursing courses from day one! Many universities make you complete courses that have nothing to do with nursing.
- You can transfer up to 75% of your credits, or 135 of the 181 quarter credits required.
- You can complete your RN-BSN degree in as little as 15 months with our 10 courses.
- Little or no travel involved
- Gain valuable skills through a practice learning experience with little or no travel.
- Use our innovative Digital Learning Experience™ by Shadow Health®, an immersive virtual learning environment to show your health assessment skills.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Completing your MSN degree is a strong indicator that you desire advanced knowledge in your field. At Walden University, you can choose from a variety of specializations including:
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - assess, diagnose, and treat the vulnerable individual with mental health concerns
- Leadership and Management
- Nursing Education (NE) - develop and hone teaching skills applicable in the classroom and at the patient bedside
- Nursing Informatics - information technology to enhance patient care
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - provide care to individuals and famlies across the life-span
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
If you want to expand your knowledge beyond the advanced Master’s Degree, Walden University offers you a DNP option.
You can become an advocate for patients by improving outcomes with a focus on health policy, evidence-based practice, organizational and systems leadership, and information systems and technology.
You must have completed a master’s degree in nursing to become eligible to enter the DNP program. Along with an online application, you must provide your employment history and official transcripts. Do not worry about the steps to enrollment; Walden University will help you with an enrollment advisor.
When Walden University surveyed their students, they found that 90% of Walden Doctor of Nursing Practice students say that the quality of education at Walden has exceeded or met their expectations.
More than half of Walden doctoral graduates say their degree contributed to earning a pay raise.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
This program is a research focused PhD program and is for those who are truly committed to changing the future of healthcare as a research scientist, educator, or policy maker.
The program will enable you to collaborate with other health discipline doctoral level students to help you function as a healthcare team, promoting positive changes.
Walden University offers five focus areas of study to grant the advanced knowledge to become an expert in nursing research.
There are options to help you advance your knowledge within the nursing field and help educate the next generation of nurses, improve healthcare with research or influence policy and practice in this ever-changing healthcare world.
You must have completed a Master of Science in Nursing degree to become eligible to enter the PhD program. Along with an online application, you must provide your employment history, and official transcripts.
"I have always had a dream of becoming a Nurse. Why should I choose Walden University?"
The answer is simple … you want the best education available as you seek a long-lasting career in nursing. We're here and are waiting to make your dream a reality.