50% of reviewers agree that tuition and other associated costs are reasonable.
Reach Your Goals!
100% of reviewers believe academic standards help students reach their goals.
100% of reviewers believe support provided by teachers and staff are great.
With 15 locations across the United States, you can receive a quality nursing education at Kaplan University whether it is online, in the classroom, or a combination of both. Kaplan’s nursing programs offer a flexible plan for those who have work and life commitments.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) (on-campus)
Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (on-campus)
Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - RN-to-BSN (online)
Standards of care and nursing responsibilities are ever changing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is the standard degree for most RNs these days. The program at Kaplan University can help licensed nurses become more competent in their field as they strive to meet these standards and responsibilities.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Kaplan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) (online)
The Master’s Degree in Nursing at Kaplan University offers specialized tracks as follows:
- Nurse Educator
- Executive Leader
- Nurse Informatics
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
At this time, residents of Tennessee may not enroll in the following concentrations:
- Nurse Educator
- Executive Leader
- Nurse Informatics
Residents of the following states may not enroll in the Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner specializations:
The Master of Science in Nursing program includes:
- Courses focusing on organizational theory, health care finance, health policy, human resources, information technology, and health care systems
- Faculty and preceptor-guided practicum or clinical experiences in your hometown
- Mentors leading you through the specific program you choose
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – MSN to DNP pathway (online)
Post Master's Certificates
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP) (online)
- Executive Leader Graduate (online)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) (online)
- Nurse Educator Graduate
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Kaplan University educates nurses at the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) level to increase the number of clinical experts and leaders in the nursing world. Students graduate possessing the highest level of scientific knowledge and are experts in their respective nursing careers. In the end, there could be new job opportunities for these Advanced Practice experts.
The Kaplan University Doctor of Nursing Practice fits nicely into the life of busy nurses who have other obligations like work and families.
At this time, residents of the following states may not enroll in the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree:
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Kaplan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Kaplan University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program outcomes result in preparing students to:
- Practice at the highest level of nursing
- Analyze data and scientific research to improve nursing practice
- Provide organizational and system leadership to continuously improve quality of health care and foster interprofessional collaboration
- Evaluate ethical, legal, and social factors that are important in shaping and developing health policies
All students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must earn a minimum of 1,000 post-baccalaureate practice hours in their population focus for degree completion. There may be additional clinical hours for those who have a specialized degree.
Campus Learning Experience
Kaplan University instructors understand that real world experiences and skills are required to function as an optimal nurse in the place of employment. The campus-based programs include associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs and certificates that focus on real world education, professional skills, and career-focused training.
Kaplan University's campuses are located in:
"I’ve always seemed to struggle with classroom teaching. Will I be able to do any of my courses online?"
Not a fan of the classroom-learning model? Then try Kaplan’s online learning!
Kaplan University offers an online program made for those who cannot fit a class into their daytime life schedule, which includes many adult learners these days. You can conveniently make your own schedule and let study time fit your life instead of your life fitting into school time.
NCLEX Pass Rates
NCLEX pass rates vary from school to school. For example:
- The NCLEX score for the Kaplan University Associate of Science in Nursing program for Iowa campuses combined in 2015 was 72.86%.
- The 2015 NCLEX score for the Kaplan University Associate of Science in Nursing program in Lincoln, Nebraska, was 64.29%.
- NCLEX pass rates for Nebraska combined were 73.05%
NCLEX pass rates can be found at Kaplan's Student Consumer Information.
Kaplan University nursing programs are taught by elite practitioners and are designed for the working nurse who also has family obligations. We understand your unique circumstances and are here for you. Check us out and you will find that we are the logical choice as you consider starting your nursing journey or want to further you career in Nursing.