100% of reviewers agree that tuition and other associated costs are reasonable.
Reach Your Goals!
100% of reviewers believe academic standards help students reach their goals.
100% of reviewers believe support provided by teachers and staff are great.
With the online FNP program, students can earn an MSN while continuing to provide care and help patients in their communities — without having to relocate to Boston. Highlights of our innovative program include:
- Part-time and full-time program options, allowing each student to balance their education with their personal commitments. Students who choose the part-time program option can complete the degree in as little as 20 months.
- Live, interactive online classes with a small student-to-faculty ratio
- A clinical placement team that will assist each student in locating sites and preceptors near their community
- Faculty members who are practicing FNPs and bring their real-world experience to the classroom
About Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Since 1902, Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS) has been an innovator in health care education. SNHS is dedicated to preparing students to become leaders through scholarship, clinical expertise, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
With a campus located in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, SNHS serves as a prominent authority in the New England region and has received national and international recognition. Established in 1978, the school’s FNP program is one of the oldest, most established programs in the country.
If you are looking for an educational opportunity that is innovative using technology to create a face-to-face experience online, then look no further than Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS).
The Simmons College Nursing Program Experience
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Students complete the science prerequisites first, then progress to the nursing courses. The program can be completed in 16 months or 2-3 years.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - RN - BSN
Already licensed as a Registered Nurse through an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN/ADN) degree program? Ready to obtain a BSN degree? Obtaining a BSN degree is one of the most popular programs throughout the nation’s colleges.
BSN to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Nursing (BS) and Nursing (MS): 4 + 1 Program
- BSN and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in an accelerated five-year program
- Maintain minimum GPA of 3.33 overall and a minimum GPA of 3.33 in nursing courses - apply sophomore year
- Progression into the graduate sequence after RN licensure and maintain 3.0 GPA in all nursing courses
- Graduates sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certification exam
Direct Entry Program for BA/BS Holders
- Complete pre-license courses (1st 4 semesters)
- Prepare for/pass NCLEX-RN
- Move into the graduate portion which includes:
- Primary care
- Foundational courses
Clinical Facilities Available:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Program
Nursing@Simmons is an online Master of Science in Nursing degree program for nurses interested in becoming Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs).
Overview: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Program
- Registered Nurses (RNs) with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) are able to enter into the MSN program
- Registered Nurses (RNs) (i.e ADN program nurses) without a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) qualify for the RN to MSN program
- Nursing@Simmons has a unique experience for its students enrolled in the FNP program. With up to date technology, the university is able to give live face-to-face presentations via virtual classes as well as self-paced online courses.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is also available for Advanced Practice Nurses and Nurse Leaders.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program
Simmons Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is a blended-learning program making it flexible for students to achieve an advanced professional practice that is focused on leadership.
The DNP program can be taught in the offline and online formats for students to be able to connect with other healthcare colleagues in their local communities.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program
The PhD in health professions program is focused on educating the next generation of healthcare professionals. Students include nurses, dental assistants, athletic trainers, radiologists, surgical technicians, plus many other health professions.
The Doctoral program is for the advancement of educators through a hybrid program, online and offline formats. The PhD program is completed in 3 years for students who are enrolled full time.
Simmons College ranked the best U.S. Grad Schools by U.S. News and World Report for 2016.
Simmons College has received national and international recognition for their nursing programs.
Dorothea Lynde Dix Scholars Program
Simmons College offers a unique program called the Dorothea Lynde Dix Scholars Program for learners to complete their BSN degree within 16 months or in 2-3 years.
Simmons College nursing programs - designed with passion to educate and inspire as we prepare you for a lucrative future in nursing. Choosing Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences is the right move to ensure a quality nursing education that will last a lifetime.