When to fill out Accident ReportsRegister Today!
- by SchoolRNAmy Oct 10, '11Hi everyone...
I'm new to school nursing. Was wondering when you determine the need to fill out accident reports?
Thank you!! It's been both therapeutic and helpful to read everyone's posts!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=627145©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 828 Views
- Oct 10, '11 by Supernrse01I fill them out anytime I suspect a bone may be broken; when kids have been in a scuffle resulting in injury; playground injuries involving playground equipment... to name a few. I say, when unsure if it is necessary, go ahead and do it. Better to be safe than sorry! Welcome to school nursing!
- Oct 11, '11 by bsyrnI fill out an accident report every time there is an injury at school. CYA
- Oct 11, '11 by Purple_ScrubsI fill them out if the injury is bad enough that I recommend a visit to the PCP or ER.
- Oct 11, '11 by mustlovepoodlesI make an accident report for any injury involving the face, eyes,nose, mouth... any head injury that is more than a mere "bumped head on desk" type... Injuries of the neck or back...injuries that result in limping, significant bruising or bleeding, or suspected fracture. And i call parents for all of the above. Most of the injuries I see are pretty minor, but I don't want any parent to get their child off the bus and say, "OMG,WHAT HAPPENED?!!"