What is a typical day for school nurses?Register Today!
- by Love-A-Nurse Mar 19, '03hello, every one!
i am inquiring because i am to do a presentation for thirty minutes at a local school that has a day care for pre-teen and teen students. i will be there for two rotations, the first, is to observe and the second, to present my presentation.
i am considering doing my topic on prenatal care. moreover, i was wondering what is your day to day routine is like? what should i focus on and what do you suggest a nursing student point out most or don't point out as much in a presentation?
- 1,923 Views
- Mar 20, '03 by MomNRNSince it is a daycare for these students, it might be a good idea to focus on safe sex/birth control, or important childcare issues such as child CPR, poison control, or nutrition.
Prenatal care is a good idea, but I am assuming these students have already had their child. I am also hoping it will be awhile before they need the information again!
It is amazing the amount of "basic" information these kids need. They don't know as much as you think they know. Almost any topic would be a good choice!
- Mar 20, '03 by Love-A-Nursethanks for responding.
there will be a mixture of those who are not pregnant at present, those who are pregnant and no other pregnancies, and those who are pregnant with other pregnancies/living children.
- Mar 20, '03 by /~MaryLuAn~/Maybe You should concetrate on life style of mother who are in pragnancy. A baby is very gantle and young mother especially (who didn't have a child befour), most of all don't realize that this little baby is so tightly connected with her from the begining. So mother should care about herself during the pregnency as she could care about her own child after the child birth when she can already see it. Mother life style (expecialy drug addiction or alkohol) can affect in many ways on farther development of the child and You can also use it to Your presentation. Good Luck!
- Mar 21, '03 by Love-A-Nursemary, thanks. great points.
- Apr 5, '03 by Love-A-Nurseoriginally posted by momnrn
since it is a daycare for these students, it might be a good idea to focus on safe sex/birth control, or important childcare issues such as child cpr, poison control, or nutrition.
prenatal care is a good idea, but i am assuming these students have already had their child. i am also hoping it will be awhile before they need the information again!:d
it is amazing the amount of "basic" information these kids need. they don't know as much as you think they know. almost any topic would be a good choice!
- Apr 6, '03 by MomNRNGood luck on your presentation. Let us know how it turns out.
When researching contraceptives, don't forget that new patch. I don't know much about it, but have seen the advertisements on TV. Another nice idea might be to find information regarding local clinics that the girls might be able to make appointments at.