What do you go by? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by MerlynI go by anything except Son of a B#%^&!.
- Apr 17, '12 by merleeI think it is just fine for the school nurse to be Nurse X, first or last name, whichever is easiest for the kids.
It is a matter of respect.
- Apr 17, '12 by nightie-night nurseMy principal calls me "nurse" ex: "Hey, Nurse. How's your day?" So I call him "principal". "I'm great, Principal"
When I answer the phone or make a call, I identify myself as Nurse (last name). I feel this helps to indentify they are speaking to the nurse and not someone else who might be covering for me. This is kind of like how my state's nurse practice act requires us to have our credentials on our badges.
The students and teachers can call me anything appropriate, Mrs. (last name), Nurse (last name), or first name (for the staff and teachers only).
- Apr 17, '12 by rural_nurseThey call me Nurse Terri...staff and students alike. It is sweet when I'm in the grocery store and the little ones tell thier moms, "There's Nurse Terri!!" It just makes me smile.
- Apr 17, '12 by elprupI say use it. You went to school for it.
If you were a doctor the same applies.
We NEED TO VALUE AND UPHOLD OUR PROFESSION? I wonder why we as nurses are told by society that we do not matter? Maybe because we LET THEM!
Still frusterated with nursing.....
- Apr 17, '12 by That GuyI typically respond to doctor. Then I quickly correct them.
- Apr 17, '12 by VespertinasEnjoy the recognition! It reminds people and children who a nurse is and what she does and looks like. Represent!
- Apr 17, '12 by prettymicaI let the patients choose, but typically Nurse + my last name. My first name often gets mangled and its not that hard
- Apr 17, '12 by Wild Irish LPNNurse ****** will sound so good to me, just telling the truth....In my mind it will be a honor to be addresed as such....
- Apr 17, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNMy last name is a tongue twister as well. The kids call me by my first name. Miss Sara.