Vision ScreeningsRegister Today!
- by Lyssag18 Jan 30There is a nurse in my district that will not test near vision on kids, only distance. She says kansas law only requires her to test distance. Is this true?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812308©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 623 Views
- Jan 30 by SudsyI guess you'd have to look up Kansas law....I am in MA, and it varies by age. For kindergarten, for example, I only test distance and stereopsis, and don't do near vision.
- Jan 30 by JolieI can't speak for Kansas either, but it wouldn't surprise me. I live in Nebraska and it's only been the last year or so that near vision testing was required here.
- Jan 31 by 100kidsIn my state we only have to do Near Vision when a child enters school but I do it yearly at the same time that I do the distance screening. That said I am in a very small school so that makes it easier for me to get my screenings done.
- Jan 31 by tictacIn my state we're only required to test distance acuity
- Jan 31 by schooldistrictnurseYou might be shocked to learn that my state does not require vision screening at all. (WI)
- Jan 31 by elprupCalifornia only requires distance vision as well. But we do near vision and muscle balance. This is my first year and I have found many kids with severe eyesight problems who have gotten glasses because of my referrals.
- Feb 4 by uthscsa2011I'm in TX and we are only given tools to test for distance, and that is the only type required by our TX law.