In the same light as other threads here, I'd like to start a new one. Here goes:
1. Please don't tell your 5th grade child to come to the nurse if you don't feel good, and you'll come get them. It's a guaranteed ticket to get out of school early, and it wastes everyone's time (including mine)
2. If your child complains of not feeling good, please keep them home. Nobody else wants their germs.
3. If you don't think I made the right decision regarding your 5th grade frequent-flier child who came down with a "stomachache"; had no fever, looked fine and hadn't been in school but an hour, write me a note telling me to call you. I am not a mind reader or know what's going on with your family. Just write me a quick note saying it's OK to call and we'll be good. You'd be amazed at the # of children who tell me "mom said to call" and Mom knew nothing about it.
4. Please please please. If your child had lice and we give you the information booklet, please use the suggestions in there. Using dog shampoo or kerosene, or ignoring the problem is not helpful, and could in fact be harmful. Don't pay attention to the internet! There are a lot of "remedies" that cost $$$ and will not help!
5. Yes, our district still has a no lice policy. I don't make the rules, I just follow them.
6. No, I don't keep a jar of the little critters in my desk and sprinkle them on your child's hair. Really.
7. No, it's not my job to keep checking for nits in your child's hair. It's your job. You are the P-A-R-E-N-T.
8. Please try and abide by the dress code policy. It really isn't attractive to have your daughter dressed like a --------
or wearing shorts to up yonder.
9. Please, oh please, keep us updated when you get a new cell# or when your contacts get a new#. I have spent countless
hours trying to chase you down because your child is sick.
10. Please don't send your child in carrying medication. They are not allowed to carry it. The procedure for meds is in the information we give out at the beginning of the year, is in the student booklet that you signed, and is on the school's web site. Guess what? Some other child might get a hold of it, and then there will be big trouble (happened in our school district)
Ok, that's all I can think of now. You can see what I've been doing this week. And please don't tell me I'm being mean or insensitive. This is only a "things you wish" thread, I've had a lousy week (
and I'm tired. If there was a cranky icon, I would use it!