Substitute PayRegister Today!
- by bassfishingRN Feb 16, '12Hi All,
Having time off during the week has me bored...so I have always been interested in being a school nurse so I decided to look into substitute nursing for my days off - I was shocked to find that the pay rate for my area is $70/day with a 7 hour day! Sub Teachers make $60.....just curious what others have found in their area and why in the world would they pay so little, for such a huge responsibility!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=675214©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,478 Views
- Feb 16, '12 by schoolnurse09$135/day. 8 hr day. In Nebraska.
- Feb 17, '12 by Purple_ScrubsWe are also $70 for a 7 hour day. Ridiculous if you ask me considering they require a bachelor's degree to sub.
- Feb 17, '12 by schoolnurse09How do they get anyone to work? I'm thinking I would not do it for $70/day..then taxes come out? Where do you all live? Is this a public school?
- Feb 17, '12 by 100kids$100/day for 6.5 hours here. Surrounding district are higher about $130-140 but we are a very small school
- Feb 17, '12 by donnacee$125/day
- Feb 17, '12 by ParvulusPuella$100/8 hour day for sub nurse, sub teachers make $75/8 hour day
- Feb 17, '12 by Purple_ScrubsQuote from schoolnurse09The problem in my district is that they DON'T get anyone to work for that, lol. Not RNs anyway. They have now started training sub teachers to cover in the nurse's office. I trust my staff who know the kids and who I have trained for their specific issues, but a layperson who does not even know the kids covering for me is SCARY!How do they get anyone to work? I'm thinking I would not do it for $70/day..then taxes come out? Where do you all live? Is this a public school?
I am in Texas in a large, urban, primarily low-income and minority district.
- Feb 17, '12 by Flareit used to be 80 per day for sub nurses and teachers. We lobbied my district and got the pay increased for nurses to 150/day. it has helped slightly
- Feb 20, '12 by bassfishingRNI live in Maine - it's a fairly large school district...I don't think they get subs either for this reason. I did see where one school school district paid $140/day. I did bring it up to the central office, I told her I made $22/hr giving flu shots at Walmart this fall!!! Seems to me theres a lot more responsiblity with Diabetics, etc. than giving flu shots.