School Nurse Salary?Register Today!
- by kegreat Sep 20, '12Please state your state and salary as a school nurse. Thank you!
- 11,087 Views
- Nov 2, '12 by SchoolNurseHolisticTN, I'm jealous. I used to really love my last school. It was a public school. I work for a wealthy independent school and it's isolating and not rewarding.
- Nov 5, '12 by SchoolRNAmyCT : I'm in a small private school.... hired as a contract employee for the town.
I'm paid by the hour, no benefits like PTO, Insurance... but my rate is pretty good.
I work 30 hours a week.
- Nov 5, '12 by schooldistrictnurseHad a brief discussion with a volunteer who is a nurse in a large urban system--she's thinking about a switch within the system, both her current job and the potential new job are specialty areas, and the salaries were $15 to $20 more per hr than I make. WOW! But I am not a good fit for those areas and I really like my job.
- Nov 6, '12 by NutmeggeRNPaid on 100% teacher salary in 19th year @ ~65K....but still work perdiem @ local LTC...26 years of being a single parent will do that to ya! Bleessed to have the ability and flexibility to do that in such a tough economy....BTW I love my HS kids and would not do anything else!
- Nov 13, '12 by uthscsa2011San Antonio, Texas
$46,000 (we are on the same pay range as teachers) and my district is on the poorest side of town.
- Nov 13, '12 by KafergieI'm also in San Antonio at a small private school. Paid at teacher's pay range also, so after 6 yrs I am making @ $46K. Unfortunately, my kids tuition increases annually at a much higher rate than my salary I always say that by the time they graduate, I'll owe the school money!
- Nov 13, '12 by tictacI am in Texas, also at $46K on the teacher pay scale. I have 3 years experience.
- Nov 16, '12 by calaabWe are NOT on teacher's scale, I have 8 years' experience, and have been with the school system for 3 years, and I make (roughly) $25,000 per year. The WORST part of my job is the pay. I would love to make more but I'm not willing to sacrifice the schedule and my job for more money at this point. I get tempted at times, but never actually go through with it :-)