School Nurse fired for alleged comment made about studentsRegister Today!
- by safarirn Mar 30, '11
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=546069©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 899 Views
- Mar 31, '11 by Purple_ScrubsFrom the article: When asked if her words might have been misconstrued, Snyder said it was possible. She said at the time she and three other people were talking about how some special needs children are often "abused and neglected. I said if the parents didn't take care of them they should be euthanized. But I didn't say one word against those kids."
As a soon to be foster/adoptive parent, this angers me even more. So abused and neglected children should be euthanized?!?!?! Insane! Maybe she meant that the parents should be euthanized, I can't tell. Who in their right mind would ever even think something like that, much less verbalize it among a group of people. This is just too insane to comprehend!Last edit by Purple_Scrubs on Mar 31, '11 : Reason: typo
- Mar 31, '11 by chiefswifewow...just wow
- Mar 31, '11 by LACAI would be furious...she deserved to lose her job, that's absolutely ridiculous.
- Mar 31, '11 by safarirnHard to tell from the article. I think her defense is saying she meant that the *parents* should be euthanized. Either way, it was a stupid thing to say.
- Mar 31, '11 by smily nurseIndeed, she should not be in this profession!!! Sad, sad, sad.
- Apr 4, '11 by Supernrse01I agree... she shouldn't have said what she said but from the article, I think that she was saying the abusing parents/guardians should be euthanized not the kids. Sad situation all the way around
- Apr 4, '11 by SchoolNurseBSNIt sounds this nurse meant no harm at all, she was probably venting her frustration with dealing with special needs students parents NOT the students themselves. However, some thoughts just need to be kept to yourself because they can take on a life of their own!