permission to poop granted!Register Today!
This is a discussion on permission to poop granted! in School Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... ah, it never ceases to amaze me when kids come into my office nearly doubled over with a stomach...by Flare Mar 27, '12ah, it never ceases to amaze me when kids come into my office nearly doubled over with a stomach ache and i'll gently suggest they use my bathroom and try to move their bowels... then lordy mercy they are miraculously cured! Some times it's like i'm performing miracles in here! lolLast edit by Flare on Mar 27, '12 : Reason: typos
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=690576©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,191 Views
- Mar 27, '12 by applewhiternDon't know about students, but I have plenty of very constipated older folks come in. Haven't pooped for a week or two, and the first words out of their mouth is "what time is supper? I haven't eaten since lunch and I'm hungry!" Hmmmmm.
- Mar 27, '12 by poodle5im not a nurse (yet) but there was this kid that I carpooled with when I was in elementary school, he was "in pain" he even used a wheelchair half the year, I guess the doctors couldn't figure it out, but then they did...he was just constipated because he wouldn't eat fruits and vegetables.
Then more recently, someone I know went to the ER with serious back pain, all seriously telling me she couldn't move....turns out same thing just needed to poop.
Same thing my parents had an exchange student who made my mom take her to the doctors, the dr ran all sorts of tests and said nothing was wrong with her, my mom said same thing just needed to poop so she fed her some heavy oatmeal/fruit pancakes and it solved the problem.
- Mar 27, '12 by digitiminimiI just wanted to say that the title of this thread cracked me up
- Mar 27, '12 by allforthekiddsQuote from FlareWith 5 kids, it happens in my house on the regular. I ask if they have to go #2, they say no, I ask them to try, and walla, belly ache is goneah, i never ceases to amaze me when kids come into my office nearly doubled over with a stomach ache and i'll gently suggest they use my bathroom and try to move their bowels... then lordy mercy they are miraculously cured! Some times it's like i'm preforming miracles in here! lol
- Mar 27, '12 by Eric CartmanI like the title of this thread.
- Mar 27, '12 by sharpeimomme too!!
- Mar 27, '12 by MomRN0913I bet these kids are holding it because they don't want to poop in the regular bathrooms at school. They want the privacy of your throne!
- Mar 27, '12 by Boog'sRN246I'm amazed at the nurses I work with who flat out refuse to take a poop at work! One was even doubled over in pain after eating and she just insisted on holding it until she got home!
- Mar 27, '12 by FlareI agree that there's nothing like the home throne advantage - but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!