My LOL Moment of the Day!Register Today!
This is a discussion on My LOL Moment of the Day! in School Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... A kiddo came to me today panicked asking where he could get new pants. His 3 sizes too big costume...by bleemadden Oct 31, '12A kiddo came to me today panicked asking where he could get new pants. His 3 sizes too big costume pants were wet at the bottom and upon questioning he said that he stepped in yogurt and needed his pants off "right away!" He was a heftier 2nd grader so I gave him a few different pants to try on and he finally found ones that could fit comfortably. He came out of the bathroom with a huge smile on his face and thanked me. He turned and pointed to his dirty pants lying on the bathroom floor and said, "I don't know how this works but I'm guessing you take them and get them washed and I can get them from you tomorrow??"
I tried not to burst out laughing... In a job with so many stresses, it's great to have some unexpected humor every once in a while!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795226©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,043 Views
- Nov 5, '12 by Nurse ABCLOL! That is very cute!! Thanks for sharing!
- Nov 6, '12 by nhnursieYesterday I had a girl show up with a complaint that she could not hear. Out of the blue. No cold or allergy symptoms, so I asked if she told mom ( a nurse)''Yup, she said it would go away". So I whipped out my otoscope and lo and behold I saw lime green!....She had put ear plugs in and it had migrated inward and was not budging (tried to use a small tweezer to see if I could grab it to no avail).
TC to mom was entertaining!!! We both had a really good laugh and off to the MD she went!
- Nov 6, '12 by schooldistrictnurseJust so happens I had a good one yesterday, too. I was doing hearing and vision screening for 4K, in a room without a sink. One of the kiddos has a red irregular circular area on his neck. Thomas, does your neck itch? NO ( and BTW, body language says keep your distance). So I'm reluctant to touch or examine too closely. I know mom is an active concerned parent so I give her a call. She did not notice any such area before school. So I go through the whole "might be ringworm" discussion, "take a look at it when you see Thomas in an hour. Don't make a dr.'s appt but maybe you might like to call the pediatrician's nurse line." So mom calls me back in an hour. She cured him! With a washcloth! Thomas had put a red marker cap to his neck. Good thing mom is a good egg and we had a good laugh. Guess I need to bone up on assessment skills!
- Nov 7, '12 by Tina, RNToday, a first grader was telling me how her older sister often does her hair for her. The little girl told me, "Mommy taught my sister how to do a French braid, and Grandma taught Mommy. My ancestors taught my Grandma how to do it."
- Nov 15, '12 by ro2878Not really a LOL moment but very sweet - one of my 4 yr old little prek cuties called out to me when she saw me walking on campus "I want to come to your house for a sleepover!"
Gotta love this job!