Medicaid BillingRegister Today!
- by Praiser Oct 19, '11do you do medicaid billing in your schools? is it as much of a headache for you as it is for us ?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=630727©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 794 Views
- Oct 19, '11 by Spidey's momYes, it is called "MAA" . . . .. pronounced like a sheep would say "maaaaaa".
I hadn't had to do it yet because you have to actually attend training due to the myriad of stuff you can drown in just trying to figure it out.
But . . I had training a few weeks ago.
When I first heard of it I said "It sounds like we are pimping for Medi-cal".
I still think so.
- Oct 20, '11 by Supernrse01We have it but right now, I don't have any children who qualify for the billing in our school system. Whew... I'm sure my luck will run out; however
- Oct 20, '11 by Spidey's momThe whole school district has to do it - teachers, coaches, counselors.
I still think it is wrong.
- Oct 20, '11 by Flarewe don't have to deal with it
- Oct 22, '11 by bergren"I still think it is wrong"
Wondering why you think it is wrong? If you were providing care in a ambulatory center or hospital Medicaid and 3rd party insurers are billed for your services.
- Oct 27, '11 by medical billing girlHiii, I am currently a medical biller and coder (a part time student to become a LPN!) at a pediatrician's office and when we were invited to be a part of the medicaid audit, though it was tedious, there were two positive outcomes! 1. There is no time limit for the review claims and 2. you have up to 30 business days to submit documentation (it used to be 10). Soooooooooooo, look at the positive side of it!
- Nov 2, '11 by geocachingRNFor those who do not do MAA/LEA billing, does this mean you have no students on MediCal in your district receiving services?
- Nov 13, '11 by Kim O'TherapyOur process isn't so bad. I wouldn't mind the billing if the clinic saw some of the $$ *we* earn for the district by billing services. My budget stays the same and it is small. Of course, the special ed assistants do a lot of billing for personal care too. I don't have as many kiddos to bill for as they do.