It's getting very quiet in here!Register Today!
- by 100kids Jun 13Hope all the School Nurses who have started their summer break enjoy the rest and de-stressing of the summer and for those of us still with a little more time to go I hope the days go quickly, the end of the year checklists get done and the kids put a smile on your face before they leave for the year!
Thanks again for another year with lots of help, insightful questions and good discussion. In what is sometimes an isolated job I'm thankful to have this group here who can relate to what I do each day.
6 days left and then you can find me lounging at the beach for 10 weeks.
- Jun 13 by Gem0607That's the only difference between my "school nurse" job and the traditional school nurse. I'm at daycare centers so no summer breaks here. We still get all holidays and weekends off though.
- Jun 13 by NutmeggeRN4 more alarms.....and I too will be working this summer but at my whim..doing perdiem in LTC hope no to do more than 3 days/eves perweek....
burt I have some fun stuff planned ...log weekend in Baltimore, RedSox tix, coast of Maine....
Blessed to have a job that I love!
- Jun 13 by MeriwhenQuote from 100kidsI'll admit that's a damn good argument in favor of going into school nursing 10 weeks off to enjoy the summer...6 days left and then you can find me lounging at the beach for 10 weeks.
Enjoy your vacations (if you're getting one)--you all definitely deserve it!
- Jun 13 by MorganalefeyThings have been so crazy for me, since school let out, that I've barely been able to pop in and read!
School let out, so I'm working PRN at my hospital job. My niece got married on SAT and the reception was in my back yard. DH's g'pa died, so there was all of this family drama w/that, along w/the wake/funeral. Not to mention, I have my own 3 kiddo's (8,7, and 5) to contend with. And the questions about grandpa's death have been...er....interesting.
I'm torn b/w loving that I'm only working 2-3days/week and enjoying the weather, and the desire to get out of the hospital craziness, and back to my school craziness!
I hope everyone is having a lovely summer!
- Jun 14 by bell1962I do a 6 week summer school program.. no long breaks for me.
- Jun 16 by dfs1961Last day is next Wed the 26th of June. I won't be going back till after Labor Day! Woohoo!