I got the job!Register Today!
- by Tina, RN Aug 29, '11Eeek! I am beyond excited. I was just hired as the school nurse for an elementary school in my school district! I feel incredibly lucky. I'm also pretty nervous, since I have not worked in pediatrics before, let alone in the school setting. I do have my own 2 children (ages 5 and 7), so I'm hoping to draw on those experiences.
I expect that I'll be searching here for tons of advice and info!
- 803 Views
- Aug 30, '11 by Tina, RNThanks!
I'm definitely going to look into becoming certified for school nursing. My school didn't mention anything about it, but I'll be looking into it anyway, just for my own knowledge.
- Sep 6, '11 by madeinheavenIn Mass. you have so much time to get certified after you get a school nursing job. It requires a basic test of english and reading that teachers take as well, plus attendence in an all day conference for school nursing. Your experience with your children will help, but there is a lot of responsibility that comes with the job. Congratulations, it makes daycare alot easier when the kids and you are on the same schedule!
- Sep 15, '11 by elprupCurious how the job is going. I'm applying for a school nurse position. Thanks.
- Sep 15, '11 by Tina, RNQuote from elprupI was told that my school was challenging, and that the students were very needy. I also knew that the nurse turn-over at my school was very high. And, yes, the job is maddening. However...Curious how the job is going. I'm applying for a school nurse position. Thanks.
I LOVE IT! Granted, it's only been 2 weeks. But I really like it, despite all the frustrations! Hopefully, I will continue to enjoy it.
- Sep 16, '11 by jahraCongratulations! Glad you got the job and you love it!
Wishing you the best!