Help! New School Nurse in Trouble!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 14, '02 by MomNRNAfter reading your posts, I feel lucky. I work at a special ed school with about 130 students. I am fortunate to work with another nurse. With the children we serve, there is no way we would be able to have only one nurse. We are also connected to the main office. I can't imagine being off by myself! Have a good week!
- Oct 14, '02 by JailRNWhen my oldest son was in a military school, they tried to recruit me to be their "medic" (RN). I almost took the job, until the retiring medic took me into the med room, There were 180 boys K-8 grades, 175 of them were on meds, 125 of them were resident students so, I can pour meds and the nuns will dispense them at night and early morning. I ran like heck and went to work in a jail, not much different, just a little older.
- Oct 15, '02 by renerianPaperwork that is unfamiliar can be daunting. Can P&P help you any?
The truency officer was always very busy in my opinion. Probably hard to do both isn't it?
- Dec 4, '02 by ScuppernongNurse/truency officer? Something is wrong with this picture. Perhaps you should have a talk with the school board and principal reminding them what 'nurse' really does mean.
- Dec 4, '02 by bergrenI clearly remember my first days as a school nurse and the isolation I felt being the only health care provider on campus. I have found that belonging to the state and / or regional school nurses' organizations greatly relieves this isolation. I developed mentors and friendships with those who could provide support, information, and resources. To find the school nurses' group in your area, see the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) website www.nasn.org and click state affiliates http://www.nasn.org/affiliates/governancemap.htm
- Jan 5, '03 by MrsK1223I would love to do school nursing but have found that there are no openings for school nurses any where around me (southern KY). I have an assoc. degree in nursing and I think most require a bachelors...so i'm going back this summer to work on getting that BSN.