Do you keep your door open or closed? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 22, '12 by Nurse ABCDepends on the school. Some schools the door is always open since the office is in the main office and it's usually pretty quiet and there's not students constantly walking by. If the office is off a hallway, I prefer it closed to cut down on noise levels and to prevent students from seeing me and thinking up an idea to come and see me just to get out of class. One I've been to doesn't even have a door and one automatically shuts because it used to be a locker room/bathroom right off the gym which unless I want to get hit with dodge balls I need to keep shut!
- May 27, '12 by Mrs H.Open since we are required to have our doors in knocked mode for lockdowns. Helps me hear when a patient is coming...I have 3-7 yr olds. You can hear them coming a mile away lol
- May 30, '12 by MrsMigInteresting -- I'm surprised at all the 'closed'.
I leave my door open as it IS an open invitation to come in -- sorry ChristinP
- May 31, '12 by lilcece363Open for me since it's in the main office
- Aug 18, '12 by amnesiac1cMine stays open since it's in the main office & my littlest 4 & 5 year olds need it open in order to find me. If I step out for some reason during the day I just turn off the light & my office staff cover the traffic for me. I close it if I'm having a private conversation or if I'm doing a screening or something though.
- Sep 10, '12 by sfajctxnurseSometimes I wish I left my door closed, but my door is always open. The bathrooms are right beside my office so it comes in handy to help monitor kids that come in from recess for a bathroom break & they are being loud or playing, so I can correct them & also report them to their teacher.
- Sep 10, '12 by Flarenew school, different office layout so my door stays open now
- Sep 10, '12 by NurseMinnieRNThe door to the main office is always open, the student door off the hallway is closed and does so automatically.