Best complaint you've heard? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 8 by bigsick_littlesickQuote from ColleenJuneIt's called synesthesia. I know people can be affected with it and others experience this under the influence of psychedelics such as LSD or mescaline.I had a second-grade girl with a history of migraines come in today and complain that she was, "...hearing colors and seeing sounds!"
I get migraines with aura but when the aura develops, I see colors; I don't hear, taste or smell them. Doesn't mean it's not impossible, I suppose.
- Feb 8 by Tina, RNI had a kindergartener come in and say, "I bumped my leg when I was 3 years old." I told him that I think it is probably OK by now.
PS: I get migraines with aura (visual). *sigh* Migraines are brutal... They are the only thing that will absolutely knock me on my rear end.
- Feb 8 by nhnursie"Can you help me with this?" Kid comes back from open campus with a fish hook in his head.
- Feb 8 by MeriwhenQuote from nhnursieOh dear."Can you help me with this?" Kid comes back from open campus with a fish hook in his head.
The questions beg: HOW did he manage this, and was it in his lip?
- Feb 8 by nhnursieIt was in his head....had fishing gear in the car.....I'm quite sure I never got the whole story......many years later I know know to push it through and snip off the end (dated a fishing guide and learned that little trick)....had mom come pick him up.
- Feb 8 by GrnTeaQuote from ColleenJuneThis is actually a well-documented phenomenon, and is not only associated c migraine but is a part of daily life for many people. She has a particular gift. It's called synesthesia.I had a second-grade girl with a history of migraines come in today and complain that she was, "...hearing colors and seeing sounds!"
- Feb 8 by FabyWhere did he get it from?
- Feb 8 by babyphatHad student come with a classmate, and the classmate says " he lost his memory, he don't know his name or the teacher name". So I asked him "what's your name" he shrugged, I asked "what color is your shirt" he shrugged again. So I said " I need to call your mom, this is serious". All of a sudden he said, "I can remember some things". He told me his name, teacher name and anything else I asked. I just had to laugh when he left.
- Feb 8 by proud nurseOkay, this isn't from when I was a school nurse but from when I worked in urgent care.
Young guy of about 19 comes in, writes on the sign in sheet that his chief complaint is "cold in penis." Well, anyway I drew the short straw and ended up having to take him back and get his vitals and room him. We're talking, I ask tell me more about the cold in your penis...
He says, "I got all this green snot coming out of my penis."
- Feb 8 by RNdynamicQuote from MeriwhenThat isn't a sound. That's a visual distortion -- like you said.I've seen sounds during migraines...kind of like nonspecific visual distortions.