AED - Page 2Register Today!
- May 20, '11 by raidermomYes we have one in my office/lounge area. It is connected to the main office and centrally located.
- May 20, '11 by momnurse23Thank you all for your replies.
- May 20, '11 by Cherry Ames Peds RNWe don't have them at my schools, and I don't really want them. Kids are unlikely to need an AED and having them requires on-going maintenance and training of staff members. Also, I would worry about the liablility for the school if someone needed it and it was not used for some reason. (I am only at each of my schools part-time).
I would rather see that money used for programs to promote good nutrition and fitness.
Just my 2 cents...
- May 20, '11 by schooldistrictnurseWe actually used an AED at our High School during a concert. It was used for a grandparent of a student. It was used by an RN who was also in the audience. Many buildings are used for the general public for Park and Rec classes, etc etc. Maintenance consists of changing batteries. AED training is generally included in CPR training. I believe most would agree that they are a good idea to have in a public building.
- May 26, '11 by awsmfunMy elementary school of 410 were donated 2 AED's by the fire sept. One is outside my office and the other one in the gym. But no one on my campus has been trained to use them...
- May 26, '11 by traumaRUsWith the new essentially layperson CPR being promoted, it takes notraining at all. Open the box and follow the instructions.
- May 26, '11 by Heidi the nurseOurs are kept in the hallway outside the main door so that anyone has access to them, even if the office staff are gone after school. Or on the weekends.
- Dec 4, '11 by AdobeRNElementary school - ours is in a central location near our gym & cafeteria. We also have portable Oxygen (Oxysure) with ambu bag in the same location.
I have never had to use the AED but have had to use the Oxysure a few times.
- Dec 6, '11 by mc3Ours is in a wall-mounted case, just outside of my office...
- Dec 7, '11 by 100kidsours in right outside my office in the main hallway