Yes, I am avoiding work by goofing off on Allnurses! But I thought it would be fun to see how many responses we can gather. Remember this is my first year as a school nurse, so I may have learned things that you already know.
1. If a kinder looks at you in the eye and says "I'm going to throw up", believe her!
2. Occassionally, frequent flyers get sick too.
3. Parents will say anything to get you off the phone when you want to know why they haven't followed up on hearing/vision/spinal referals.
4. You can't save everybody.
5. Program Child Protective into your speed dial/cell phone. (Also, call CPS on your way home from work, it give you something to do)
6. "Some kid" must be related to "some dude" or "some guy" somehow! I think it's his little brother.
ok, I've had my turn. Let me know what you've learned!