I am a nursing student at the Intercollegiate College of Nursing. My group is writing a paper on rural nursing. We are looking for an experienced nurse who has worked in the rural setting. Would you or someone who works in the rural setting be willing to answer our questions? If so, here they are.
1) What attracted you to rural nursing?
2) How long have you done it?
3) What kind of challenges are present for rural nurses?
4) Is there any additional education needed to practice in a rural setting? If so, where can this education be obtained?
5) Is there additional liability inherent in practicing in a rural setting?
6) What is the typical salary of nurses who work in rural settings?
7) What is a typical day like in a rural setting?
8) Is continuing education utilized as much as it should be? vs the metropolitan counterparts.
9) What kind of advice would you give a new graduate regarding practice in the rural setting?
10) Any other comments?
Also, please include your credentials.
Thank you for your time,