RIC's med/surg summer classesRegister Today!
- by TRR8021 Mar 30, '09Hi, has anyone taken Med/Surg I or II during the summer at RIC? What was your experience like? Would you recommend it? I heard there's no ATI? Could that be true?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=381323©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,612 Views
- Mar 30, '09 by RhodyGirl, RNI would say that the no ATI thing is completely false. I haven't personally taken those over the summer (I'll be enrolled for medsurgI/pedi in the spring) but I have heard that it is very, very tough. Also, I don't think med surg II is offered in summertime, only med-surg I. From what I hear from my advisor, it's the same exact amount of learning crammed into 6 weeks. With med-surg being so jam packed with info already, I would steer clear! Just my two cents, though.
- Mar 31, '09 by TRR8021Oh really? I swear that they offered Med/surg II during the summer a year or so ago. Maybe I'm wrong though. Everyone speaks of how tough med/surg is (including my advisor) but I think I'll actually like it. At least the lecture part, anyway.
- Mar 31, '09 by RhodyGirl, RNYeah, I think I'll like it too! It seems like it will be a good learning experience.
- Mar 17, '10 by DAYDREAMGRL
- Mar 17, '10 by RhodyGirl, RNQuote from DAYDREAMGRLYep, it's N342. I'm taking it right now, and it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of information, and the cardiac stuff is definitely tough, but I like it. I don't think I would want to take it over a summer, though.
I'm taking Leadership this summer (N374)....anyone else joining me?
- Mar 17, '10 by RhodyGirl, RNOh and just an FYI, the ATI for med/surg is not taken until Med/Surg II (N372). It's a cumulative ATI covering the content from med/surg 1 and 2. They just changed this last semester; previously there was an ATI in both courses.