Nursing acceptance question - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 26, '12 by jdcriI just cannot take the wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Mar 26, '12 by MarissaClol! same here!!!!!
- Mar 27, '12 by claudia0124I just went to the CCRI website and checked for oppening seats for NURS I and its says CAP 88 REM 0. I have not receive any email yet, Does this mean i didnt get in??????
- Mar 27, '12 by jdcriQuote from claudia0124I don't think it means anything yet - it could just be internal for all we know - and not one person I know has head either way yet... so don't worry yet!! Easier said than done - I know!!I just went to the CCRI website and checked for oppening seats for NURS I and its says CAP 88 REM 0. I have not receive any email yet, Does this mean i didnt get in??????
- Mar 27, '12 by jdcriQuote from claudia0124I just did the same and they all say Cap XX(whatever the number is ) Act 0 Remaining (same number as cap) so it sou8nds like maybe you read it too quickly - it shows them all empty for fall 2012I just went to the CCRI website and checked for oppening seats for NURS I and its says CAP 88 REM 0. I have not receive any email yet, Does this mean i didnt get in??????
- Mar 27, '12 by redsoxgrlYou know CCRI, they always take their sweet time! I was on a waiting list for xray for 4 1/2 years...finished in 2010 and there were absolutely no jobs! I busted my butt after searching for 6 monhs for any employment that had benefits but there was nothing. The funny thing i wanted to do nursing prior to the switch to xray but they told me the wait was longer for nursing at the time
I have a 3.8 GPA due to a B- in physio. Thanks BENNETT. Besides that i have A's in everything else. I was told not to retake physio that i was still competitive to apply. Here's to hoping. I'd just rather know one way or another!
- Mar 27, '12 by MarissaCI called, they said between wednesday and friday we should be getting an email!!!!! they always seem to wait until the very end to do anything! lol. i have a pretty good gpa (3.2) but i do know some of my friends with 2.7's and 2.8's who have gotten in on the first try last year! so we should be good!
- Mar 27, '12 by redsoxgrlAwesome, i am now MORE nervous waiting haha.
I too have heard of 2.7 and 2.8 getting in and someone with a 3.x getting denied. i was told its because they need a well rounded class blah blah. While i do not care what GPA gets in or not, i am concerned that they say it is preformance based, then do not completely follow their own rules haha. I really busted butt to get all the pre reqs done in 3 semesters AND do well in them, so i frankly will be really mad if i don't get in. Also i'm 27 and already finished one degree there that should have gotten me a job so i guess i'm frustrated too.
I hate having my fate in other people's hands! I will report back when i get an email.Last edit by redsoxgrl on Mar 27, '12
- Mar 28, '12 by jdcriYes we all need to report back either way so we know if they start sending out info! - and that really ticks me off to know that they would accept a lower GPA over a higher one!! I also hate how you can only apply to one school - I need nights and I think we should have 1st and 2nd choice instead of being left to fate!! really if you are willing to go to more than one campus why should someone with a 2.7 get in over someone with a 3.5?
Now they have the points system too - so I have a 3.75 with 130 quality points - but how do we know if that is good or not?? Crazy!
- Mar 29, '12 by MarissaCany word yet anyone???