Rhode Island VARegister Today!
- by Schmoo1022 May 26, '09Does anyone work at the Rhode Island VA? I am really interested in applying and want to find out more about the working conditions and hiring process
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=395179©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,004 Views
- Jun 10, '09 by ver401I currently work in the Va in Providence as an ICU RN. The working conditons aren't bad. I love working with the vets. The hiring process is long..it took me 2mos to start working. If you have anymore questions let me know
- Jun 15, '09 by Schmoo1022Hi,
Do you know if they hire for the LTC home in Bristol? I really like long term care. i am just sick of working and not getting any perks at all.
- Jun 20, '09 by KerriAHello - well my father is a patient at the Bristol Veterans Home and I am a dental hygienist at the Providence VA. I am hoping to get into Nursing through a government program through the Providence VA. I know you can go direcly to the VA website www.va.gov and search for job listings. It is a long process but it is worth it. The entire process from application to hire took me 6 months.
You can probaby call the Bristol Veterans Home directly to inquire how you could learn about emploment options; 401-254-8000.
- Jun 20, '09 by Schmoo1022Thanks! That is great. I love long term care. I really can't see myself doing anything else. I give everything I have when I go to work. I do it because I love it, but it would be nice to have some real benefits.
- Jun 20, '09 by Schmoo1022Quote from ver401I was wondering what I could expect from the process. I heard they do crazy things like ask for your Highschool guidance counseler and childhood friends info?I currently work in the Va in Providence as an ICU RN. The working conditons aren't bad. I love working with the vets. The hiring process is long..it took me 2mos to start working. If you have anymore questions let me know
- Jun 22, '09 by KerriANo, that is a bit crazy...just lots of forms to fill out - eventually I did bloodwork, and a evaluation by the Employee Health Nurse.
- Jun 22, '09 by Schmoo1022Oh thats a relief LOL.... how about past jobs history. I took some time off here and there between jobs, will that hurt?
- Jun 22, '09 by KerriAIf you have a period of about three months, as I did, you have to attribute it to something....like label that period of time. I'm not sure what my options were but I did have to account for my lack of employment. Your work history has to be complete from beginning to end w/o gaps of nothingness. Hope this helps.